hey ya'll

Options
well I am new to this but I had to start some where. I am currently tring to lose 70lbs to go try for fire acadamy. And yes I know I am a girl but very dedicated. Any good ideas let me know

:tongue:

Replies

• akinwolf79
    Options
    well I am new to this but I had to start some where. I am currently tring to lose 70lbs to go try for fire acadamy. And yes I know I am a girl but very dedicated. Any good ideas let me know

:tongue:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I think you are really going to like MFP, its helpful and friendly....and good luck with your job sounds great.:smile:
  • maridale
    maridale Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You go for it! I've been a female firefighter for over 14 years and I love it. It's very challenging and it pushes me to stay in shape and to do my best. You've come to a great place for support and info. Good luck and keep me informed!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!!
  • Barbidoll
    Options
    Hey you gorgeous mama!!!! It's Barb or Barbidoll which is my moniker! Tomorrow will be one week and I think I have about five others who have joined as well. Tomorrow will also be the moment of truth because I'm stepping on the scale. Wish me luck. I have to get a picture to post yet so I am faceless. Hope you are having a great day. Will talk to you later. Barb
  • DebbsHereNow
    DebbsHereNow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello! my fiance is a firefighter in Philadelphia. It is an honorable profession, requiring lots of dedication. So, if you can dedicate yourself to losing weight, you know you can make it through the academy!
    Good Luck and take care
    Debbie
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    Go for it girl. I am also getting in shape for my career. It is not a traditional girl career. I am in the military. I am trying to go officer. So go head. That is the good thing about being a woman in a (so called) man's field. We just as strong, bad as they are but we dont stink like they do. lol