Salmon Tonight! Ideas Needed

Options
Yum! How should I season/flavor it and what should I make to go with it? I need it to be as sugar free, gluten free, carb free, dairy free as possible. Thanks!

Replies

• Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    crushed garlic, (fresh), salt, pepper and lime or lemon juice! steam! and its awesome! Let me know how it works out for you if you decide to do it!
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    baked salmon with tomato , spinach a mushrooms

Ingredients:
    4 salmon fillets (4 oz. each)
    2 cups chopped fresh spinach
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 medium tomato, chopped
    1/3 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

Directions:
    PLACE salmon fillets, skin sides down, in 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

MIX remaining ingredients until well blended; spoon over salmon.

BAKE at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with fork.

Makes: 4 servings
    Each serving provides: Calories: 190, Total fat: 7 g, Saturated fat: 1 g, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 24 g, Carbohydrate: 5g, Cholesterol: 60 mg, Sodium: 320 mg
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Also, after it's done cooking, I like to add a cup of fresh spinach lettuce to the pan and let it cook down for a minute or two. Super tasty and adds vegetable servings!! Add some chopped white onion for extra flavor.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I love salmon blackened on an old cast iron pan with salt and pepper only. I use a little bit of peanut oil (not that Salmon doesn't have enough of its own ;) )
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm Puerto Rican and we use Sofrito for anything. You can make it at home, keep a jar in the fridge and use it with whatever you'd like, especially Salmon!! This recipe will leave you with extra sofrito for your next invention! :)

•1 large green pepper, seeds removed
    •1 large onion, peeled
    •1 head of garlic, peeled
    •1 bunch cilantro leaves

Blend it with a tad bit of water to make it a tad bit runny and layer it over your salmon with some lemon juice (i poke holes in my salmon with a fork to get it in there!) and Ta-Da! DELISH! (Some people add red pepper also and parsley, up to you!)

Enjoy!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    All I put on my salmon is a pinch of salt - all that gorgeousness does not need any embelishments in my humble opinion

I grill steaks about 1 inch thick in a very hot pan - sprayed with a bit of olive oil spray - grill one side for 2 minutes - turn over - grill other side 2 minutes ..... remove from heat - pinch of salt and rest for 4 to 5 minutes and eat - yum!!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have a red fish seasoning that I picked up from the grocery store that is delicious. But I've also used just a tad of lemon juice, salt, and pepper before. It's good either way!
  • teranlovesgary
    Options
    Wow, these all sound soooo delicious! I don't know which to pick.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had salmon with stir fry veg last night. Just lightly seasoned, a splash of balsamic vinegar, and a sprinkle of dill. Delicious!
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1 14oz salmon fillet
    1 'tab' (tbsp) of butter
    1 tbsp of white wine
    salt and pepper

In a glass baking dish, put the butter and wine in, then put in the oven (at 400 degrees) to melt for about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper the salmon on both sides. Put the salmon in, cook for about 5-6 mintues on each side.

Make sauteed spinach (bag of fresh spinach, garlic salt, pinch of nutmeg).

Dinner is done, and SUPER YUMMY!! ;9
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I like to steam mine with fresh ginger, spring onions and garlic, drizzled with a little rice wine and sesame oil.

Or- Spread a little curry paste (any indian or thai will do) or pesto and wrap in foil then bake.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    i like to put cayenne pepper, white pepper a little salt, garlic, I slice onions and layh the ringlets over the top set slices of swiss cheese over the top then wrap in foil and bake. SUPER YUMMY!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I use a smear of pesto, about a Tablespoon then before I eat it I squeeze some lemon. Sometimes I add thinly sliced lemon across the top before I bake/broil. There is roughly 1carb in a Tablespoon of pesto.
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Wrap it in filo pastry with spinach, thats what I used tov do.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Dinosaur BBQ Cajun Foreplay Seasoning..... YUM-O
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Try fresh Dill, crushed garlic and fry it in lots of lovley butter .
    I add fresh asparagus spears which are just dumped into a bowl of boiling water for 3 mins. Again drizzle the dill,garlic and butter over...mmmm
  • JaydenDraco
    Options
    Salt, pepper and thyme, you can add a little lemon or lime if you want, but the thyme will take care of the "fishy" flavor so you really don't need the citrus. For side I would make quinoa and steamed broccoli. I recommend allrecipes.com for ideas when ever you are stock. Oh yeah and grilled the salmon in a little bit of olive oil. You don't need much.