Rate the fast food salads 1-10

Options
After having a Burger King TenderGrill garden salad, I was wishing that I'd had some sort of rating system on salads today. Hopefully you all can help me out. Several ratings on the same fast food salad are appreciated, with reasons for the ratings to back up the opinion.

For clarification about what is considered a "fast food" salad, that is any salad that a person could purchase from a drive thru window.

I'm not interested in any other fast food like burgers or whatever--just the salads. These are my food of choice at fast food restaurants, and I assume that many other MFP'ers choose these as well. :smile:

Ready, set VOTE!

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    After having a Burger King TenderGrill garden salad, I was wishing that I'd had some sort of rating system on salads today. Hopefully you all can help me out. Several ratings on the same fast food salad are appreciated, with reasons for the ratings to back up the opinion.

For clarification about what is considered a "fast food" salad, that is any salad that a person could purchase from a drive thru window.

I'm not interested in any other fast food like burgers or whatever--just the salads. These are my food of choice at fast food restaurants, and I assume that many other MFP'ers choose these as well. :smile:

Ready, set VOTE!
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    BURGER KING - Tendergrill salad

Rating: 5

Reason: My experience is that the chicken is juicy and somehow has a "sweet" flavor to it that I don't find appealing. There are only 4 tomatoes in the package, and two of them (in this experience) were *rotten*.

It does include baby carrots that were a nice touch, and all of them (this time at least) seemed to be fresh and tasted good. The lettuce was fair, but the salad had too much... I'm not sure, some sort of "bitter" lettuce in it.

I do appreciate that they have a choice of "better" dressings. Fat free ranch and light italian.
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    WENDYS - Chicken BLT Homestyle salad

Rating: 8

The salad is ENORMOUS, however, I usually only eat a third or less of it. The chicken is always tasty, although not necessarily healthy. There are a variety of ingredients to satiate the pallette, including bacon bits, cheese, tomatoes (usually one is "rotten", but the rest aren't), and optional croutons. There is also a Fat Free ranch option, which makes it desireable.

I always enjoy this particular salad, and NEVER come even close to finishing it. It's not a fresh, homemade salad, which is why I wouldn't give it a 10 on the salad scale, but it's my favorite so far.
  • Barbina32
    Barbina32 Posts: 11
    Options
    I always enjoy Wendy's Chicken BLT Salad, I have read in Magazine articles that it is quite fatening but I always have eaten them when I take my boys out for a treat or need to grab something fast and they have never effected me negatively. I always order the Non-Fat Honey Mustard Dressing with it so I would say that helps a lot too. That Salad always fills me up and I don't feel like I have missed out on anything.

WENDY'S - Chicken BLT Salad

Rating: 8
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    While rating, can you try to throw a calorie count on each salad as well? Thanks!
  • jaglover04
    jaglover04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Chik fil a southwest grilled chicken salad
    240 cal
    rating: 10

I love this salad!! I know lie buy one of these at least once a week but most weeks there are numerous times i eat this!! I like the south west salad dressing, but i get the berry balsamic vinaigrette b/c its really low in calories (plus good) and you don't need to use that much dressing at all i normally only use a quarter of the packet!!
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    My pick is Definitely the Caesar salads from McDonalds or Wendy's topped off with grilled chicken.

Can't get enough. If they weren't so expensive, I'd grab one daily. :tongue:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    IDK why I can't edit my posts after they've been up for a short time, but:

BK garden salad with tendergrill calories: 120

Wendy's BLT salad calories: 730 :noway:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Chik fil a southwest grilled chicken salad
    240 cal
    rating: 10

I love this salad!! I know lie buy one of these at least once a week but most weeks there are numerous times i eat this!! I like the south west salad dressing, but i get the berry balsamic vinaigrette b/c its really low in calories (plus good) and you don't need to use that much dressing at all i normally only use a quarter of the packet!!

Hey, Jag, where is this salad from? :smile: I know McDonald's has one... I think Wendy's does, too...
  • jaglover04
    jaglover04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the ones from mcdonalds or wendys yet, but the one i'm in love with is from Chik-Fil-A!!
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Chic-Fil-A Chargrilled & Fruit Salad -10

love this salad, its romaine & iceberg, topped with grilled chicken, red cabbage, carrots, monterey jack & cheddar cheese, strawberries, grapes, apples, manderin oranges. it comes with granola on the side to top it with, and the best dressing with it is the light berry balsamic vinigerette!! YUMMY

210 calories
    70 calories in 1/2 pouch of the dressing
    the granola adds more calories (if you use it) but i can't find the exact for that right now
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Mc Donalds Southwest Chicken salad is pretty good - for a fast food salad I would have to give it an 8. You have to specify grilled chicken, and it comes with corn, black beans, mixed greens and tortilla chips on top with a slice of fresh lime. That plus 1/2 packet of the Newmans Own Southwest dressing, which is more than enough for me, is about 375 calories. Good thread!
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    I haven't tried the ones from mcdonalds or wendys yet, but the one i'm in love with is from Chik-Fil-A!!

love this salad, its romaine & iceberg, topped with grilled chicken, red cabbage, carrots, monterey jack & cheddar cheese, strawberries, grapes, apples, manderin oranges. it comes with granola on the side to top it with, and the best dressing with it is the light berry balsamic vinigerette!! YUMMY

210 calories
    the granola adds more calories (if you use it) but i can't find the exact for that right now

Rats! We don't have a chic-fil-a around here... I have only heard of it on those psuedo-commercials on kids PBS channels... and I didn't know it was fast food--I thought it was some sort of frozen chicken company! :laugh:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

210 calories

Rats! We don't have a chic-fil-a around here... I have only heard of it on those psuedo-commercials on kids PBS channels... and I didn't know it was fast food--I thought it was some sort of frozen chicken company! :laugh:

LOL, yea they are really good, even the chicken, its fried but in peanut oil, not fat!! (great unless you have a peanut allergy) they only have chicken, chicken salad, salads.. no burgers or anything

they used to only be in the malls around here, now there are a few stand alones, a new one was just built last year about 10 minutes from my house. hope you get one soon!!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ack! Stop talking about Chic-Fil-a...I don't live near one anymore:cry:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I :heart: chik-fil-a!!!! SOOOO GOOD! They're slowly making their way into Orange County. For a while they were only up in Los Angeles!
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options

210 calories

I second this, it's a GREAT salad!!!