TURBO FIRE HELP...

Options
Hello!

I am on day 6 of Turbofire and wanted to know is anyone had results with this program and how they ate..

MFP is telling me to eat 1200 NET cals...did any of you follow MFP and have great results from it as well?

I am 5'2 146lbs and a size 8...I would like to be 125 OR a size 2-4.....But need to know how I should eat.

Thanks!!

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat the NET cals that MFP tells you. TurboFire burns a lot, you don't want to under eat.
  • lillgurly16
    Options
    I haven't done that exact program, I did p90x.... which i ended up not sticking with because I got pregnant, but for the 2 months I did do it, I ate nothing but a bagel thin for breakfast a little butter just enough to flavor it. For Lunch and dinner 4-6oz of either chicken or steak (you can eat fish, but I don't like it) a veggie, broccolli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, cucumbers,salad, ect. (a cup of that) Nothing canned because it adds sugars and i didnt eat starchy veggies (peas corn, ect.) I also didn't add any condiments on anything unless it was mustard, hot sauce or vinegar . and i usually had apples, oranges, or grapes(1/2 A CUP) for 1/2 way snacks. Then I did the work out video once a day, because I worked, so it was kind of hard to do two. Unless I was oof then I did two. I only drank water or tea with no sugar. It was crazy hard not to snack! Ugh it sucked ... but i lost 10 pounds in that month....
  • Bran_mob08
    Bran_mob08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat the NET cals that MFP tells you. TurboFire burns a lot, you don't want to under eat.

And net is AFTER the burn right??? So if I burn 500cals working out I would have needed to eat 1600cals?
  • PaulaRN
    Options
    I love love love Turbo Fire! The music is fantastic. I find myself getting caught up in the music, and before you know it, your done : ) According to TF, if you are exercizing, you should be eating 2048 calories in order to lose weight.This is on your 1st-4th week. Then the book goes on to the 5-8th week. weigh your self then, and go by the calculations they lay out for you to see how many calories you need at that time. Sounds like alot but if you focus on eating good sources of protein, carbs, and fats, you will see results. Average calories burned in a TF workout is 650. Good luck!
  • ladybug1620
    Options

And net is AFTER the burn right??? So if I burn 500cals working out I would have needed to eat 1600cals?
    Correct! If your MFP goal is set to 1200 cals per day, and then you burn 500, you really have only taken in 700 cals. So you need to eat 500 more to get your NET to 1200 again :)
  • ladybug1620
    Options
    According to TF, if you are exercizing, you should be eating 2048 calories in order to lose weight.This is on your 1st-4th week. Then the book goes on to the 5-8th week. weigh your self then, and go by the calculations they lay out for you to see how many calories you need at that time. Sounds like alot but if you focus on eating good sources of protein, carbs, and fats, you will see results. Good luck!
    I love the program, but I think the guides make assumptions that all ppl will burn a certain # of calories every day, and that's just not correct. If I only do a HIIT and stretch workout, I burn around 300 calories. If I do a Fire 55 workout, I burn 600-700. If I ate over 2000 calories per day regardless of what workouts I did, I wouldn't be successful in losing. I've found that if I stick with the calories that MFP gives me, and make healthy food choices, I'm more successful in losing.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've done a hybrid of P90X and TurboFire and have lost 19 pounds the past 10 weeks. I use a HRM, so I know how many calories to adjust in my eating. I maintain between a 500-1,000 calorie deficit on adaily basis. That will adjust to 500 or so as I get closer to my goal weight.
  • PaulaRN
    Options
    True..never assume it's gonna be exactly what the book says, but it gives you a ruff idea. I use my Mio watch to calculate the exact calories I'm burning.
  • Bran_mob08
    Bran_mob08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've done a hybrid of P90X and TurboFire and have lost 19 pounds the past 10 weeks. I use a HRM, so I know how many calories to adjust in my eating. I maintain between a 500-1,000 calorie deficit on adaily basis. That will adjust to 500 or so as I get closer to my goal weight.

Congrats on your weight loss! I too use a HRM so that I can see the calories burned so hopefully I can stick to MFP. :)
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started Turbo Fire this week--did day 3 today. I am keeping blog about my journey through Turbo Fire and thought you might get a kick out of it...Any tips you can share would be appreciated. Thanks!