a toilet type question

Options
since I upped my water intake and stopped with the soda I have been peeing every 10 mins... does this last forever?!!?!?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No. You'll get used to it but it takes a while.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Your body will adjust. You won't be going every 10 minutes, but you will be going more than you were before.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot (of water) and my body never got used to it. I pee every 10 minutes and have for the past year.
  • oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No you will adjust (I had similar experiences when switching). My body did, now I have the opposite problem. If I indulge in soda I have to pee like every 15 min...so weird!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your body gets used to it or if you get used to peeing every 10 minutes, either way it does get easier.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your body gets used to it or if you get used to peeing every 10 minutes, either way it does get easier.
    Unless I am somehow making trips to the toilet that I am not aware of, I'm pretty sure I don't pee every 10 minutes.
  • jumperchick
    Options
    No you will adjust (I had similar experiences when switching). My body did, now I have the opposite problem. If I indulge in soda I have to pee like every 15 min...so weird!

same here !! if i just drink water or iced tea i sometimes wont pee from 7am to 7pm, if i drink soda its every hour.
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    lol thanks guys, upside is my bathroom is upstairs so I am running up and down stairs every 10mins!!
  • IsleOfThanet
    Options
    How are you drinking, slowly sipping all day long or downing an 8oz glass at a time?

Perhaps you could monitor how your intake is timed and see if the output has any relationship.

A couple of days you can constanly sip water through out the day and then try a couple of days where you drink a full 8 oz glass of water at one time every couple of hours.

See if there is any difference or relationship in the two methods of intake with output.
  • startingover42
    Options
    I wish my body would adjust quicker. I drink during the course of the day..but still in the bathroom all day long. Maybe because I am drinking close to 92 oz a day could be the reason..LOL
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've been sipping 64 plus ounces of water a day for over 9 years (yes, some days I don't get the full 64 & some I go over). My body did not adjust to that amount of liquid, I adjusted to having to pee every 10 minutes (maybe I exagerate, but it is frequent) or stop drinking 2-3 hours prior to knowing that I will not be near a restroom for awhile.

If I drink tea or a diet coke, it is even worse, but then again, I drink them faster, not so much sipping.
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    it sure doesn't! took me about a week to get used to going so much & my bladder about 2 weeks to get trained to accept & hold more fluids