what's wrong with me?

Options
i'm having a rly hard time getting on track.
feels like i'm not where i want to be in life.
i can't decide if i'm unhappy cos i'm fat or if i'm fat cos i'm unhappy.

the days run together in a big blur, i don't even want to eat so i grab whatever's convenient.
i can't fall asleep unless i stay awake so long that i just crash into bed.
when social events come up, i get anxious & back out. i don't want to see anyone & i don't want them to see me.
complaints, excuses, guilt. i'm sick of all of it.
i look in the mirror & see a stranger with tired eyes. i am not myself these days.

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Oh love, sounds like you are having a **** time. I went through the same kind of thing a few months ago. I decided that I was unhappy because I was being too hard on myself and not enjoying life as it is now. Perhaps you need to go and speak to someone? A friend/ doctor/ counselor? I wrote down all the good things about myself that I like and that I think others like about me and then I wrote down everything I dislike about myself and decided the action to take. Unfortunately it is a vicious cycle and the food you might be eating may be attributing to your mood and also lack of exercise. You probably know all this. A long chat with a friend snapped me out of it when she said you have to take control and deal with it and stop beating yourself up.
  • luv4SFO
    luv4SFO Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with you. I think most everyone has been there.

My best suggestion, pick one SMALL thing each day to challenge yourself. The next day add one more small thing to the first.

It takes all those small daily choices to make a big life difference, and it's a lot easier than trying to do it all at once.

Small daily suggestions:
    eat a piece of fruit
    park two stalls away from the closest open spot (and then two more on another day)
    drink one glass of water (or one extra)
    call/text/email a long lost friend and say hello
    make a stranger smile
    buy or (check out from the library) a new book
    go to bed 10 mins earlier
    pick-up/clean one area of the house for 5 minutes
    write a note to yourself; about something you like about yourself, do it on the bathroom mirror with lipstick!
    try to say one less negative thing each day
    make yourself smile for 2 minutes for no reason at all (use a timer this one can be hard :) )

Please feel free to let me know what else you add, maybe you have something I can use. :)

Love yourself, forgive yourself and others, and trust that true goodness exists.
  • mousumi30
    Options
    i feel this way every time i fail to follow my diet/exercise . but after i start dieting and working out again it all goes away. try dieting with healthy options, like fruit, vegetables, brown rice,less sodium e,t,c. trust me, if you see your weight reducing even 1 lb after 7 days , you will be a complete new person
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU, thats for sure
  • sweet_peas_94
    Options
    Everyone has that feeling once in a while, maybe talk to a trusted friend , or maybe a doctor / psychologist?
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Anyways, to the OP: I know exactly how you feel. I feel really depressed lately. I spent the past week eating 5 large pastries every night before bed :( A carton of icecream everyday. I dont feel much inspiration~no muse~no reason :/ My days sound very similar to yours haha ^^ All I can do is eat, eat, eat. I went out and bought a hot water heater and a bunch of mixes for the hot water to drink...I still want to eat, eat, eat. It is horrible. >.<

Does anyone have any suggestions on motivation? I was motivated before because of a crush, but the crush is over~I live in Japan right now and a large chunk of the population is extremely skinny (some people are skin and bones). Still no motivation. Bah!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    i think everyone feels this way at some point. You must push yourself each day. Also talking to a counselor helps.

As far as 160 being fat i honestly think fat is how you feel and see yourself.
  • monmay01
    monmay01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    11918925.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sierracanbe
    Options
    i'm surprised so many ppl responded.
    still having trouble sleeping & nothing sounds good enough to eat, but i'm building a plan.
    @hailzp, i like the idea of writing down the positive/negative then taking necessary actions to fight the negative & reinforce the positive.
    @luv4SFO, also the daily suggestions are nice. i do well with lists, i guess writing things down helps me feel more solid, more accountable.
    @i_love_vinegar i've wanted to live in japan my whole life!

i have a hard time talking to my friends & family. once something is said, it can't be taken back, & having ppl i care about feel sorry for me is worse than what i'm going through...

hungry, pretty tired. i hope i can snap out of this & enjoy the holidays.
  • luv4SFO
    luv4SFO Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sierracanbe,

Sometimes it seems impossible, but changing your point of view is all about CHOOSING to have a better day. One day you will wake up and say, today I will choose to be..... You have all kinds of wonderful things to choose from:

happy
    productive
    healthy
    active
    friendly
    daring
    adventurous
    industrious

I'm a list maker too (obviously), but I also believe that the end result is due to the collection of choices. Choices in our lives, years, months, days, weeks, hours, and moments. Just take it all one at a time, and you will find yourself of the sunny side of that hill in no time :)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need a cheerleader, or just someone to unload your process on. I will try to respond to all emails with encouragement, and sometimes with a little push if needed.

I wish you luck on your new adventure.