What demotivates you most?

Options
When I'm let down by someone that's when I think I'll go home and eat loads of chocolate and drink loads of sugary alcohol. The problem is that it does make me feel better so I find it sooooo hard to say no and stay on track, sticking to what I've planned for the day.

What do you guys find demotivates you?

Replies

• lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    A tough or overloaded week at school. By Friday (and by Friday I mean Wednesday) I need a beer. And another. And another. And then when the beer is gone I need to EAT. And then when its time to eat, its a free-for-all. But right now I'm trying to look at long term and how I want to look the next time I see my extended family.. so that kind od curbs the demotivation. My advice would be to have a motivational factor that outweighs anything you're tempted to let make you do less than you're capable of. :)
  • JustThisGirl1990
    Options
    The biggest demotivation for me is life in general. I'm one of those people who gets her hopes up about absolutely everything only to have the hopes squashed in the end.

However, I'd have to say that some of the biggest demotivators include: looking in the mirror and seeing no change; feeling not change in my body; feeling like I'm not doing enough in my work outs to get rid of belly fat; being bored with my work out and not really knowing how to switch it up; school and the stresses that come with it; and when anyone who I know eats whatever they want and I'm sitting there trying to watch what I eat so I can lose the weight.

I think it's all pretty relative, though. I'm an emotional eater and sometimes an emotional drinker. Plus holidays always seem to get me down a bit, too, because I know I'll be eating food that isn't cooked in a healthier way since my family doesn't really believe in that.

It just depends.

I try to keep my motivation by saying that none of these things really matter so long as the next day I wake up and I'm ready to go all over again, but that rarely works.

All I can say is keep your head up and keep on keepin on. Don't give up. If you have a bad day work out instead of eat (which is exactly what I'm trying to do).
  • pasdepoivre
    Options
    Work! 100% work. I get really stressed at the office, and then I just want to go the bar on the bottom floor and have a smoke and a drink or three and some comfort food.
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The stress of work and school, not feeling like I'm doing enough on any level, is pretty demotivating. Whenever I have a bad day, the only thing I want to do is crawl under the covers and eat my feelings.

But what I think demotivates me the most is the scales. My first week I saw great results, then all the weight was back. I'm probably just bloated and PMSing, but it's hard to deal with when I'm just starting up.