Music recommendations

Options
And not just for working out...but you can include those too :smile:

I'm in the mood for new music, give me your recommendations. I'm very open and will listen to just about anything.

Replies

• unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I'm a big fan of music with deep lyrics. I'm also a fan of aggressive music like metal and hard rock. Check out Stone Sour, Linkin Park and Mudvayne.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    The Avett Brothers!!!!

My favorite band of all time.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The Corrs....one of my obscure favorites. A celtic rock band comprised of three sisters and a brother. Very Good. One of my favorites for walking to is "Breathless".
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    The new Florence + The Machine is amazing! Another band that my friend introduced me to is The Naked and Famous-they have a song called Young Blood that I like. My music taste is VERY eclectic...so you may not like it. But...it's my recommendation. Also-I ALWAYS promote my favorite band The Dresden Dolls!!!

Best of luck with your search!!
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The Reverend Horton Heat
    The Chop Tops
    Kim Lunz
  • scottppa
    scottppa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    +1 on Stone Sour and Linkin Park -- also check out Rise Against.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Sara Bareilles.
  • aferbet
    Options
    I do like that song!
    The Corrs....one of my obscure favorites. A celtic rock band comprised of three sisters and a brother. Very Good. One of my favorites for walking to is "Breathless".
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Cowboy Junkies -- I especially like their earlier stuff, like the Whites Off Earth Now album. If you like good World music check out Mary Black, Claudia Gomez, and Gaelic Storm.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Adele, LMFAO, Paramount, kings of Leon just to name a few lol!
    Hope you're week is going great!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Hot Hot Heat
    The Faint
    The Presets
    Chromeo
    Cut Copy
    The Horror Pops
    The Sounds.

I guess I have a thing for bands with "THE" at the begining LOL.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I just got Gavin Degraws new album Sweeter, fantastic, I love it. Also Demi Lovato's new album Unbroken- Not what I expected from her but it's very fun and R&B type-many songs are great for a workout mix!
    Adele, Anna Nalick, Tristan Prettyman (she's pretty mellow and fun, I don't know if you've heard of him but she's marrying Jason Mraz) Joey DeGraw (Gavins older brother), Ingram Hill (Southern Rock), Josh Kelley's awesome (married to that Heigl girl), OK Go, O.A.R, Tinted Windows (James Iha from Smashing pumpkins, taylor Hanson, Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne and Ivy, and Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick)
    And of course I have to plug my men-Hanson :)

I know it's a lot haha but you won't regret looking them up!
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Cowboy Junkies -- I especially like their earlier stuff, like the Whites Off Earth Now album. If you like good World music check out Mary Black, Claudia Gomez, and Gaelic Storm.

I used to love the Cowboy Junkies. I may still have 4 or 5 discs. Of course I used to smoke a lot of dope lol.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    wow! Thanks for the responses guys! Looks like I have plenty to keep me busy when this winter storm hits tonight :happy:
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessing over Foster The People for months ;)
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You could try listening to something like this for a change, not commercial at all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK8nBorUEn4
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options

I used to love the Cowboy Junkies. I may still have 4 or 5 discs. Of course I used to smoke a lot of dope lol.

LOL! I've found that Cowboy Junkies music also goes very well with red wine. :drinker:
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm a big fan of music with deep lyrics. I'm also a fan of aggressive music like metal and hard rock. Check out Stone Sour, Linkin Park and Mudvayne.

I've always been a huge fan of Linkin Park. Thanks for the other recommendations!
  • aferbet
    Options
    I really like Bjork too! Just thought of that :)
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    not sure why this one came to mind but i think its pretty epic

black mountain, wucan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8upxRhff7cE