Sizzlin' Summer Slimdown 04.13.09

Options
13»

Replies

• jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome pookie. This is a great group. Glad to have you.
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, but not with a weight loss goal, but as fitness goal challenge. I am recovering from a pretty serious tumor and went from 6 days a week of working out and a pretty good healthy diet to a tub of goo at the same weight.

My goals are:
    -To return to 5-6 days of working out a week
    -To eliminating soda and candy from my diet again
    -To eating 5 small healthy meals a day again
    -To getting ready for my mini-triathlon on July 25th!

I hope by joining you all, I will stay accountable!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :noway: :happy: :noway: WOW, i'm loving all the new members of our thread! :flowerforyou: Glad you've joined us. No matter what your goals are, we're excited to have your input, knowledge, laughter, and motivation. Let's gett SIZZLIN' LADIES!! :smokin:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I am goin to go for a goal of 9 lbs for this challenge, hope i can do it. i'm also gonna try my best to do the 30/40 exercise, i need to write it down, i lost count of my days last challenge! Good luck everyone!! we are all gonna look great for those Memorial Day BBQ's !!!!

so
    SW - 159
    GW - 150

woohoo- same goals! let's hit 150 by memorial day!! :drinker:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I am goin to go for a goal of 9 lbs for this challenge, hope i can do it. i'm also gonna try my best to do the 30/40 exercise, i need to write it down, i lost count of my days last challenge! Good luck everyone!! we are all gonna look great for those Memorial Day BBQ's !!!!

so
    SW - 159
    GW - 150

woohoo- same goals! let's hit 150 by memorial day!! :drinker:

sounds good! we can do it!!
    i'm actually starting to like my treadmill, i hate having to stop after only 40 minutes to go cook dinner!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm also in for 9 pounds and going to try the 30/40, although I'm not sure. It will all be a challenge - this 40 days includes my mom's 80th birthday reception and my daughter's weekend blowout party when she earns her doctorate. Wish me luck! Mary
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I love the enthusiasm on this thread...been reading some of the others and it isn't quite there.

The exercising 30/40 is a little intimidating, but I am going to do my best.
    Has anyone done a "Zumba" class or Latin Groove class? I did my first one at teh YMCA last week and loved it....very sore though.

I'm definitely going to start trying to get back into my workouts. I have had some set backs and I can feel it (and unfortunately see it too). I started my first Zumba class today. Not too easy at first, but oh my gosh, I already feel it! It's a lot of fun and a great workout. I'm glad to see a lot of motivated people out there becuase I need some to get back in gear. To all those doing Zumba, I'm hoping to be able to shake my Cuban hips and get some Cuban fat off :laugh: and keep up with all of you. And to everyone else, here's to a healthier, happier summer