Easy Breakfast to bring into work

Options
So I am really wanting to bring in my breakfast to work, much like I do for my lunch.. but I am stumped on something easy, yummy, quick & low call to make and bring in. We have a fridge at work as well as a microwave. I try to stay between 200-350 for breakfast and incorporate as much proten and good stuff as I can without having to go to the store a few times a week to buy stuff.... any suggestions??

Regular eggs are getting a bit bland and tiresome.. although I do like eggs and pretty much every other breakfast food except POTATOES!!!

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    So I am really wanting to bring in my breakfast to work, much like I do for my lunch.. but I am stumped on something easy, yummy, quick & low call to make and bring in. We have a fridge at work as well as a microwave. I try to stay between 200-350 for breakfast and incorporate as much proten and good stuff as I can without having to go to the store a few times a week to buy stuff.... any suggestions??

Regular eggs are getting a bit bland and tiresome.. although I do like eggs and pretty much every other breakfast food except POTATOES!!!

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal at my desk every morning. I buy a box of raisin bran and leave it in my drawer at work and put milk in the fridge.

Oatmeal is a quick and easy as well.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I bring a few of the following:

hard boiled egg (without the yolk is only 17 cals)
    yoplait light yogurt (about 110)
    apple (100~)
    banana (100~)
    granola bar (special K) (90)
    cocoa roast almonds (150)

2-3 of those choices and I make it through to lunch no problem.
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I take my breakfast to work everyday. Some of my favorites are:

cereal
    oatmeal
    cottage cheese and fruit
    smoothie
    banana & peanut butter

And if I'm in a hurry, I go thru McDonald's drive thru for a parfait.
  • slwwilson
    Options
    I buy the chocolate whey protein shake mix (at Walmart) and use one scoop with 8 ox of soy milk. I put it through the blender to make it more shake-like than stirring it would. Here's the nutritional rundown - 230 calories; 15 carbs; 6 fat; 30 protein; 30 cholesterol . Sometimes I will add a scoop to vanilla yogurt. If you are a chocolate fan, it's really satisfying.
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I eat breakfast at work everyday. I love mini baked egg "muffins".

6 egg whites
    3 whole eggs
    1 cup chopped, fresh spinach
    1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    pepper to taste

Whisk eggs and egg whites, combine remaining ingredients and fill mini muffin tins sprayed with non stick spray. I use silicone for these, with a little spray. Bake at 350 degrees until cooked through, i just watch them, I think they take about 12 minutes. This recipe makes 16, and one serving is 4 minis. There are 122 calories for four.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Here's my list that I pick from in the mornings.

V8 Low Sodium 5.5oz = 30cals
    Nature's Own LIGHT Wheat Bread = 80 cals /2 slices
    Country Crock Light Butter 1 TBSP = 50 cals
    Scrambled (in microwave) or Hard Boiled Egg
    Yoplait Light = 90-100 cals
    Fiber One Bar = 140 cals
    1 cup grapes
    Apple Slices = ~100 Cals

Hope that gives you some ideas. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • psilva78227
    psilva78227 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes some frozen breakfast sandwiches with Turkey sausage and egg whites, on whole grain english muffins or regular croissonts (sp?). The calorie count is between 250 and 300 cals if I remember correctly. Just pop in the micro and cook. My hubby loves them!
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    Light multi grain Thomas english muffin- 100 cals
    1 pc american cheese- 60 cals
    1/4 cup egg beater (equals one egg ) - 30 cals

Just toast the muffin and make the egg before work so you can just put in microwave.
    Or make it at work by cooking the egg beater in a bowl in microwave.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm cheating if I eat this:

Honey Nut cheerios 110
    Light silk Soy Milk 1/2 cup 40 calories
    Berries 40-65 calories
    banana 85 I think

Very filling andf low calories!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    fruit
    fat free yogurt cups or smoothie drinks
    instant oatmeal (mix your instant oatmeal into your yogurt!)
    protein bars (I like South Beach Living)
    pre-made "McMuffins" with a lean meat (or none), lowfat cheese slice & egg-beaters
    hard boiled eggs
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at work everyday. I love mini baked egg "muffins".

6 egg whites
    3 whole eggs
    1 cup chopped, fresh spinach
    1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    pepper to taste

Whisk eggs and egg whites, combine remaining ingredients and fill mini muffin tins sprayed with non stick spray. I use silicone for these, with a little spray. Bake at 350 degrees until cooked through, i just watch them, I think they take about 12 minutes. This recipe makes 16, and one serving is 4 minis. There are 122 calories for four.

Those sound wonderful - thanks for sharing!
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Smart ones have some good breakfast sandwiches too, sorta like an egg mc muffin, but not nearly the calories!! i think the one with egg, cheese and canadian bacon on english muffin is only around 240 calories. not quite as good as the original, but not too bad!

i also will bring yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal ( i put it in a cup and use the hot water from the water cooler for the instant kind) sometimes i'll make a bagel with a little light cream cheese.

i eat breakfast at work every day!
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    ...saving for later
  • dragonladey
    Options
    I like eating either:

1 egg fried with no cal butter spray 70 cal
    1TBS of Fat free Mayo 10cal
    2 slices of Natures Own Double Fiber bread 100 cal
    TOTAL: 180cal

or

2 slices of Natures Own Double Fiber bread 100 Cal
    4 slices of turkey bacon 100 cal/ 25 cal a slice
    few peices of lettuce about 5cal
    1TBS of Fat Free Mayo 10 cal
    TOTAL: 215 cal

or

South beach Diet meal bar 190 cal
    or
    Special K meal bar 220 cal

a banana
    an Apple with each one if still a liitle hungry. Usually lasts till lunch!

Lunch is when I have trouble sometimes. Dinner Im usually good at.
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    These are SO great and have given me SO many ideas... thanks everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • clairenoelle
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Creamy Chocolate Slim Fast shakes. I sip them slowly on my way to practice in the morning around 5 (the chocolate flavor is fantastic) and they'll generally hold me over until I get to eat again at noon. They're 190 calories each for the Optima variety. If I start to feel hungry again it usually hits around 9:30, and I just drink a big glass of water to hold me over.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    fruit and yogurt
    instant oatmeal
    cold cereal and a little container of milk
    homemade zucchini muffins (make sure to make them lf)
    etc etc etc
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Such great ideas for breakfasts!

Clairenoelle mentioned the Slim - Fast Shakes....I love those too. The Walmart brand is surprising just as yummy (if not MORE yummy) than the Slim-Fast Optima brand. If I'm having a day where nothing seems to fill me up, one of those usually does the trick. The French Vanilla tastes just like vanilla ice cream to me, especially if it's super-cold or poured over ice.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

instant oatmeal (mix your instant oatmeal into your yogurt!)

I would never have thought of this- if the oatmeal is a certain flavor, does it flavor your yogurt? I have recently discovered FAGE (0% fat free) (Costco!) and that would be dreamy if I could mix up my oatmeal packets into it:love: