One year ago today I reached my goal weight

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
after having lost 187 pounds, I reached my goal weight . Here is a link to my blog post from this morning

http://finallyfitatforty.blogspot.com/

and if you EVER had a doubt, Maintaining your weight loss IS harder than losing the weight.

Tami:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mamalissa
    Options
    wowowow!!!! congrats!!! my love lost 161 lbs and has kept it off for 5 yrs!! slight regain, yes... but, every day, i love her no matter what!! :D
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESSES! What an amazing journey!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Congrats on keeping it off! WTG!
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Breathtaking! What a marvelous job!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Great to hear from a maintainer! Thanks for sharing that. Maintenance sort of seems scary, but mostly because I don't think we hear enough about it! If 100 people lose weight this way or at that speed, what does it say about maintaining? NOTHING that's what! So thanks.
  • chattinchick
    chattinchick Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tami, you are such an inspiration to me! I am a 41-year-old woman and I'm gettin' fit over 40 as well! I follow you on FB and your blog and I think you are amazing! Congratulations on keeping it off for a year girlie xoxoxoxoxo
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You are incredible! I want to know how you did this, so I'll be checking your blog as well. Thanks for sharing.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Helps to know that I'm not alone in feeling it is harder to maintain than lose! I'm 41 and been maintaining for 4-5 months. Still logging everything, probably always will. Which is fine with me - it does give me a sense of accomplishment and control. But it would have been nice to know how hard maintaining is before I got here.
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats, P.S. I want your arms!!!
  • mamalissa
    Options
    Great to hear from a maintainer! Thanks for sharing that. Maintenance sort of seems scary, but mostly because I don't think we hear enough about it! If 100 people lose weight this way or at that speed, what does it say about maintaining? NOTHING that's what! So thanks.

well said! :D
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is inspiring! Congratulations!
  • 24man
    24man Posts: 58
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and just as important, your maintaining that loss. Nothing wrong with a 5 lbs window. I've lost weight a couple times and haven't been able to maintain the loss. this time I have to come up with new goals and keep myself at the numbers I want to be. Cholesterol, body composition (body fat), and other health numbers as well as just fitting into my clothes. I also have to do something about a slight weight gain when it happens and not wait until I am 30-40 lbs overweight.

WTG! It's awesome and inspirational what you've done.
  • kimbim60
    kimbim60 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow I just read a few pages of your blog. Loved the one about your first day with the personal trainer and wanted to hear what it is really like because I get to work out with a personal trainer tomorrow. I just back from my first hour with her but all she did was ask health questions and took my measurements etc. I really enjoyed reading about your journey to perfect health and can't wait to read more but for now I'm on my way back to the gym to actually work out and then to top it off with a Zumba Class. Thanks ... you made my day!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story..it's nice to see a post from a face that greets me everytime I go to log in. It is a great learning process and you are an amazing inspiration. GREAT job you have done!!!
  • hml1976
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm starting to maintain now and its terrifying. I'm so glad to hear from someone who has done it well.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I love this site! I couldn't have done it all without it.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    OH my gosh, I read about you in Fitbie!!! You're a CELEBRITY! :bigsmile: Congratulations on maintaining and being an inspiration!
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go to get to my goal weight, but I figured that maintaining would just be a matter or figuring out what my "real" BMR is and just eating to match. The problem will be that your "real" BMR will be almost impossible to figure out and everything else is an estimate. Even if we get a good guess at the BMR, our activity level is another estimate, the calories we burn exercising is an estimate. When we're trying to lose (or gain) weight it's easy, as long as we're moving in the right direction... I guess my point is that my expectation is that maintenance will always have to be a balancing act, tweaking up and down as necessary, between water-retention and inaccuracies in everything else I figure I should be happy to maintain my weight + or - 5 (or 10 pounds)...

So congratulations! I appreciate your story, I hope I am managing my expectations properly for when I reach my goal weight, I expect I'll be using this site (or one like it) for the rest of my life.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    gotta bump successful maintenance!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!