Diet 7up Cake question!!!!!!

Options
Help! Last week I made Diet 7up Lemon cake for the first time. (Betty Crocker mix + can of Diet 7up...no eggs, no egg whites). I baked it in a 9x13 silver pan and when it came out it didn't rise hardly at all. I had a thin cake, but a great taste!!

**Tonight I'm making this again, and since it's for a work function I don't want to bring in a flat cake. Any ideas on how to make it less thin??? The directions on the box say I can bake in two 8-in circle pans. I'm wondering if I should just use one 8-in circle pan and call it good? Please help! Thanks! :blushing: :sad:

Replies

• kendallalissa
    Options
    Help! Last week I made Diet 7up Lemon cake for the first time. (Betty Crocker mix + can of Diet 7up...no eggs, no egg whites). I baked it in a 9x13 silver pan and when it came out it didn't rise hardly at all. I had a thin cake, but a great taste!!

**Tonight I'm making this again, and since it's for a work function I don't want to bring in a flat cake. Any ideas on how to make it less thin??? The directions on the box say I can bake in two 8-in circle pans. I'm wondering if I should just use one 8-in circle pan and call it good? Please help! Thanks! :blushing: :sad:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    I made mini cupcakes and they didn't rise in the middle either. They were like little mini volcano cupcakes :laugh:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I add 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg beaters. Mine rise like a normal cake does. I made a lemon cake for Easter. yummo. Cindy :heart:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I didn't use eggs at all when I made it and it rised like a normal cake. I was also using tiny tiny pans because I just have a toaster oven :laugh: The cake was still very moist & it's always a great conversation piece.
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Ok, that settles it. I'm not the only one with the thin cake! I think I'll go ahead and use a smaller pan (8-in circle pan). Thanks guys!!!