Cookies

Options
Anyone have any good recipes for low calorie cookies.

I am up for any type....
I am looking for something new that will be a treat but still in a healthy aspect.

Thank you as always

Replies

• xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    Anyone have any good recipes for low calorie cookies.

I am up for any type....
    I am looking for something new that will be a treat but still in a healthy aspect.

Thank you as always
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm looking too. I don't like buying the premade due to all the preservatives.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I make cookies and cake from scratch. Any kind I feel like. I don't try to make them low anything. I make sure I don't over eat them. One or two cookies is plenty. And if they have great flavor they are more satisfying. Cookies made with real butter taste like real cookies and if I'm going to use the calories I want them to taste good.
  • snoozen29
    snoozen29 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am not 100% sure of the calories and such, but that won't be hard for you figure out if you plug in the numbers from your ingredients.

A friend from work gave me this recipe.

3 cups all bran cereal
    3 cups hot water
    1 tbsp baking soda
    1 PKG low fat brownie mix

Pre heat to 350 deg C

Add cereal and water to large bowl. Let sit 3-5 mins. Add baking soda and brownie mix. Stir until mixed. Then bake cookies for 17 mins.
  • deannaboo
    deannaboo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know you said you wanted to bake them. BUT have you tried the cookies by kashi there are delish! I beleive they have them at target or whole foods but trust me you have to try them they have oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip yummy:tongue:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Found this one in the Go Red for Women Recipe Collection

Nutty Chocolate Oatmeal Bars

Cooking Spray
    2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oatmeal
    1 cup all-purpose flour (I'd do half all purpose half wheat)
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/1/4 cups firmly pakced light brown sugar (There is a splenda brown)
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup egg substitute
    1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
    3 Tbs. light tub margarine
    1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts (i'd use walnuts)
    1/4 cup mini chocolate chips(i'd try and find dark)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray 9x13 metal pan with cooking spray.

Mix dry ingredients(except for sugar)in one bowl - In another bowl whisk together the brown sugar, applesauce, egg substitute, peanut butter, and margarine. Add to the flour mixture stirring just until moistened. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Spread into pan. Bake for 20 -22 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes efore cutting into 36 bars.

Calories 174, Total Fat 5.0 g, Sat. Fat, 1.0, Trans Fat 0.0, Poly 1.0 g, Mono 2.5g, Cholesteral 0 mg. Sodium 121 mg. Carbs 30 g, Fibr 2 g, Sugars 18 g, Protein 4 g

2 carbs, 1 fat dietary exchanges
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I make cookies and cake from scratch. Any kind I feel like. I don't try to make them low anything. I make sure I don't over eat them. One or two cookies is plenty. And if they have great flavor they are more satisfying. Cookies made with real butter taste like real cookies and if I'm going to use the calories I want them to taste good.
    I love homemade (from scratch) but they smell so good and I eat too many:sad: Maybe someday I can get past that temptation and only eat one! And, I can't eat the artificial sugar as it gives me migraines so.....I was hoping for some recipes with using maybe unsweetened applesauce or something on that line.

Thanks for your input.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I love homemade (from scratch) but they smell so good and I eat too many:sad: Maybe someday I can get past that temptation and only eat one! And, I can't eat the artificial sugar as it gives me migraines so.....I was hoping for some recipes with using maybe unsweetened applesauce or something on that line.

Thanks for your input.

I don't bake the whole batch. I scoop out balls onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze. When they are solid I put them into zip lock baggies. When we want some I bake at the same temp the recipe calls for but usually alittle longer. Hot fresh cookies without having leftovers. DH loves it.

Angel food cake is my all time favorite. I like both the vanilla and chocolate. It freezes well. Just slice wrap & freeze. It thaws quickly and with some berries is a nice treat.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    That is a great idea. Thanks.
    Yes, Angel Food cake is great with fresh strawberries - my favorite.
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    I know you said you wanted to bake them. BUT have you tried the cookies by kashi there are delish! I beleive they have them at target or whole foods but trust me you have to try them they have oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip yummy:tongue:

I'll have to look for them
    Thanks
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    Found this one in the Go Red for Women Recipe Collection

Nutty Chocolate Oatmeal Bars

Cooking Spray
    2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oatmeal
    1 cup all-purpose flour (I'd do half all purpose half wheat)
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/1/4 cups firmly pakced light brown sugar (There is a splenda brown)
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup egg substitute
    1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
    3 Tbs. light tub margarine
    1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts (i'd use walnuts)
    1/4 cup mini chocolate chips(i'd try and find dark)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray 9x13 metal pan with cooking spray.

Mix dry ingredients(except for sugar)in one bowl - In another bowl whisk together the brown sugar, applesauce, egg substitute, peanut butter, and margarine. Add to the flour mixture stirring just until moistened. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Spread into pan. Bake for 20 -22 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes efore cutting into 36 bars.

Calories 174, Total Fat 5.0 g, Sat. Fat, 1.0, Trans Fat 0.0, Poly 1.0 g, Mono 2.5g, Cholesteral 0 mg. Sodium 121 mg. Carbs 30 g, Fibr 2 g, Sugars 18 g, Protein 4 g

2 carbs, 1 fat dietary exchanges

Those sound amazing I am going to have to get a couple things when I go to the store and try them out.

• xfluffyfrogx
    Options

Good point made, I never thought of it that way.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I make these cookies just about everyday for my brood, 12 kids, and not one dislikes them.

1 package of chocolate devils food cake
    3 egg whites
    1/4 cup prune puree
    chocolate chips, nuts, whatever you like

mix it together, drop on baking sheet, 10 minutes to cook, at 350 degrees.....35 calories a cookie! hot damn have 2! :laugh:

we've also made these with golden cake, white choc chips and cranberries

lemon cake, dried cherries

spice cake, almonds and raisins

the easiest cookies in the world
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    molsongirl--That recipe sounds like everything I've been dreaming of and more. I may just marry it. can't wait to try it! :bigsmile:

ETA: How many cookies do you get out of that recipe? I have a tendency to make mine bigger than everyone else :blushing:
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    These are the BEST!!! I make them all the time!

oatmeal raisin cookies

Yield
    2 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)

Ingredients
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 large egg
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup regular oats
    1/2 cup raisins
    Cooking spray
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Beat first 6 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Add flour and oats to egg mixture; beat until blended. Stir in raisins. Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    101 (28% from fat)
    Fat:
    3.1g (sat 1.7g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.2g)
    Protein:
    1.5g
    Carbohydrate:
    17.3g
    Fiber:
    0.6g
    Cholesterol:
    16mg
    Iron:
    0.6mg
    Sodium:
    43mg
    Calcium:
    10mg
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    I make these cookies just about everyday for my brood, 12 kids, and not one dislikes them.

1 package of chocolate devils food cake
    3 egg whites
    1/4 cup prune puree
    chocolate chips, nuts, whatever you like

mix it together, drop on baking sheet, 10 minutes to cook, at 350 degrees.....35 calories a cookie! hot damn have 2! :laugh:

we've also made these with golden cake, white choc chips and cranberries

lemon cake, dried cherries

spice cake, almonds and raisins

the easiest cookies in the world

Sounds good and are quick and easy thanks
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I made AWESOME cookies today! I am not sure of the calories, I didn't have time to add it up.

Unfortunatly, I just experiment, so I rarely measure :grumble:

But, here is what I did.

I took Pillsbury reduced sugar white cake mix, Diet cream soda (I started with 6 oz and increased 4 to equal 10) and 1 cup of quick cooking plain oats. I mixed that all together (I used a wooden spoon, and it kinda took a while). I added one mini pack of raisins and a handful of crushed walnuts. I sprinkled in about a TBSP of mocha sugar free capacinno powder. Baked at 350. I honestly never time cookies, because I can tell by the smell when they are done :laugh: But I would say maybe 10 minutes? You will know... the tops won't really brown though.

I decided to make a frosting as well. I've never done this before :blushing: , but, it wasn't too bad. Just lumpy haha. I took 4 oz ff cream cheese and 1/2 container of ww whipped ff cream cheese, put in micro about 60 seconds. Added a sm. pack of sf instant vanilla pudding, a little milk (until smooth), a couple splashes 50% less sugar tropicana OJ and a little more capp. powder. I made half without and half with frosting... hubby prefers with... I was surprised... :drinker:

Try it, you;ll love 'em :devil:
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    that does sound like something I would like.

• abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    these all sound good.
    i want to go home and bake NOW