Ideas for Low Cal/Carb Veggie Dips?

Options
NiciS72
NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
I'm trying to get more veggies in my diet and am eating them raw. I like to dip them in hummus, but the calories tend to add up quickly with that. Anyone have any other things they love to dip their veggies in that are low cal and/or low carb?

Replies

• WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Salsa!

You could also try making dips with cottage cheese or greek yogurt (low-cal if you use low- or non-fat versions).
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Created these for just that reason!!!

Caramelized Onion Dip: 52 cal (1/4 cup)
    http://stylethatfood.com/?p=228

Tzatziki Sauce: 20 calories (1/4 cup)
    http://stylethatfood.com/?p=313
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Chicken Dip/Spread:

1 can chicken breast
    2 tablespoons low fat sour cream
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Drain chicken, put all ingredients in food processor, pulse until smooth. Low calorie and low carb!

I keep meaning to try this with tuna too.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    non-fat cottage cheese run through the blender with dill, veggie soup mix, onion soup mix or whatever strikes your fancy. mmmmm
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my veggies sometimes with the laughing cow cheese wedges. The light ones are only 35 calories a wedge. I melt it in the microwave for appx 15 seconds. Occasionally, I add in salsa or taco bell mild restraunt sauce with the cheese. (They sell the sauce in a jar at wal-mart, it's not a particularly 'clean' sauce but it has minimal calories and is delicious, and for me, mildly addicting) But, it makes for a great low cal dip for carrots celery anything :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with dry dip seasonings, or even fresh herbs..I'm at work right now but I have recipes using fresh herbs that are delish!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Check out

lightdelish.com

Spinach-Artichoke White Bean Dip
  • cluvenit
    cluvenit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes.. Not sure if you are a ranch fan at all.. But, "Walden Farms" makes a calorie free, fate free, carb free dressing.. and believe it or not.. Its acually AMAZING! Im not sure if they have Homelands in your state but, that is where I get my products from them. (they are ine the organic food isle at the grocer) I havent tried looking online but you may be able to purchase from them online as well.. Hope this helps :-)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    GREAT ideas folks. Keep them coming! I love all these homemade sauce/dip ideas!

As for the ranch idea I'll have to check the label on that one. Many of them are not Gluten Free so that excludes them out of my diet.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, garlic salt, paprika, and dill weed. Tastes just like a rich, fattening dip and is so healthy and good!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Check out

lightdelish.com

Spinach-Artichoke White Bean Dip

Thanks! :)
  • tjtemple
    Options
    Creamed spinach made with full-fat philly. yum.