protein powder

is totally gnar. anyone else have a problem getting this stuff down or am i just drinking the grossest one? i made a HUGE mistake one morning by putting it in my oatmeal.. i was trying not to gag when i ate it. needless to say i'm never doing that again!! lol

Replies

• Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    is totally gnar. anyone else have a problem getting this stuff down or am i just drinking the grossest one? i made a HUGE mistake one morning by putting it in my oatmeal.. i was trying not to gag when i ate it. needless to say i'm never doing that again!! lol

Which one are you using??
  • Haha i like it with milk best xD what brand do you have?

Check out this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/50-supplement-reviews

we just posted a topic about the best tasting protein powders
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    yeah sometimes they don't taste that great but put in things you like maybe some fresh or frozen berries, cinnamin...this morning I had a vanilla protein, coconut milk (unsweetened) cocoa powder (unsweetened) & ice....not great but not too bad either and mentally I felt like I was drinking a chocolate milkshake.....
  • buddha5050
    buddha5050 Posts: 40 Member
    optimal nutrition makes a great tasting protein powder.
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    I am pretty new to protien powders myself. We just recently bought Promasil as it was recommended and on sale at GNC. No idea if its a good one compared to others in ingredience or taste. Has anyone ever used it, or has anything good or bad to say about it?
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Vitasport pro7ein synthn. 7 different proteins that digest at different rates. I am on week 2 and loving it. I have tried so many but this one uses aminogen to keep the bloat away and ill be it works great, no bloat just that full feeling you get from any protein. It tastes really good. Although there was nothing that tasted better than caramel and bannana cream protein I got from gnc but it was just whey and I got the bloat but yummy.

OP try eating your protein right after your meals if that is your schedule so it doesnt fill you up so you can eat your real food.
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    i use jillian michaels chocolate whey protein powder.. it's actually pretty gross and has added sugars and not too much protein.. i'm just trying to finish it so i can buy another brand.. i heard optimum nutrition was good.. i was thinking about that. normally i just mix it with water and down it lol
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein. the Milk Chocolate and the Banana Cream flavors are tasty to me. All I do is put water into a Blender Bottle, add the protein powder, put the top on, shake and drink. you may want to add ice as well. oh, and love me some Blender Bottle.
  • allofourdreams
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein. the Milk Chocolate and the Banana Cream flavors are tasty to me. All I do is put water into a Blender Bottle, add the protein powder, put the top on, shake and drink. you may want to add ice as well. oh, and love me some Blender Bottle.

i need a blender bottle so badly!! do you buy them online or are they in like.. sports authority?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member

i need a blender bottle so badly!! do you buy them online or are they in like.. sports authority?

You can get them on-line or in certain stores like GNC. I am not sure if they are sold at Sports Authority. you can also beat eggs in there and I also love it for that...saves the wrists.
  • allofourdreams
    You can get them on-line or in certain stores like GNC. I am not sure if they are sold at Sports Authority. you can also beat eggs in there and I also love it for that...saves the wrists.

thank you much.. GNC i'll be seeing you shortly.
  • My trainer has us all drinking NuCare...We do a Whey and a regular meal replacement protein...They are awesome and just came out with new flavors....I have tried chocolate and vanilla and love them both...they have chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon banana swirl as well! They are really good and she has done a lot of research on them and has found that they are one of the best!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Yep jillian michaels protein powder is definitley nasty and really not that great of a protein powder. Much better options out there :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I've tried fancying it up, but it's just nasty. I generally make it a little thinner than recommended, and I drink it down in one go, trying not to think too much about it.

It's nasty!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    I'll add my vote for you've just got the wrong one. Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard Whey in the Extreme Milk Chocolate is great. It tastes alright when mixed with water, and when mixed with milk I'd dare say it's actually really enjoyable. You'll also likely find that ON mixes better than what you're using now, less clumps.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member

Did you happen to mix the powder with a liquid first (milk or water) before adding to the oatmeal? I put the powder right into my oatmeal once, and it made it the consistency of wet cement! Gaack. The next time I mixed it with liquid before adding it to the oatmeal, and that did the trick. Throw in some raspberries and it's not bad!