Good Enough

Options
How do I move from "good enough" to doing more? I'm watching my calories, I'm making better nutrition choices, but how in the world do I convince myself to get out and get moving?

I'm a "joiner." If someone asks me to do something with them, I say sure! But for me to plan something (even my own exercise schedule), it's sporadic at best. I know I'm not going to sit down and write out a schedule, let alone follow it. Anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• Ian214
    Ian214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Join a gym
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Find a challenge on here and follow along. Get a dvd from the store, I LOVE Jillian Michaels dvd's. Start with one day a week and go from there. That is how I did it. I worked on my eating habits first. Once I was comfortable with those changes I started adding the workouts in. Now I work out 5-6 days a week for at least 45min a day up to an hour and a half. 5 months ago I would have died of laughter if someone had told me that I would be working out like this. Totally addicted to it now though and after a while you will find yourself searching for something new to add to your routine...I promise. You just gotta take that first step and know that ANYTHING is better than nothing. Even if you do jumping jacks and situps while you watch tv at night.
    You can do it, just take little steps. No one started out a hardcore gym nut...they all worked up to it a litte at a time. :smile: