Dear Crock Pot

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
Dear Crock Pot,

You came into my life over two years ago. You had a beautiful stainless steel body and great easy-to-clean ceramic bowl. You were so sexy in my new remodeled kitchen and matched my new sexy black ubatuba granite and stainless appliances. While the attraction was purely physical at first, you have grown on me. You've made me amazing soups, stews, chowders, meatloaf, lunchmeat, cheese dips, fillers for pasta, and so much more. Every day, I think about how amazing you are and what you'll have in store for me when I get home. When I walk in the door after a hard day's work, you greet me with the wonderful aroma of deliciousness that sooths my soul. You make my life so easy and my diet so tasty. You and your sister, Breadmaker, are amazing.

Oh Crock Pot, I love you so.

Love,
Liz

Replies

• uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    lol.. that's cute!!! those crock pots do come in HANDY!!! :)
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    careful, she's a *kitten*! she doenst do it just for you, but for lots of people......
  • FitandPrettywithME
    Options
    Yes, crockpots are a wonderful thing!!! :smile:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    careful, she's a *kitten*! she doenst do it just for you, but for lots of people......

I'm alright with free love. She always comes runnin' back to my kitchen though.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Love it! Very cute!:laugh: I couldn't agree more, especially in the fall/winter!!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Love it! Would love to have some recipes you've found to be "lifestyle change" friendly (never say diet!) I love my crock pot too but could use some new recipes!
  • wendibartel
    Options
    That sure gave me a big chuckle. I love my crockpot and your right it sure has helped my diet. Last month I tried cooking some meals without the crock pot and I found myself more hungry and less filled with flavor. This month I have returned. In fact tonight is on of my favorites from MFP. Spicy pepper steak.

I would love to know your secret to crock pot meatloaf though.
  • stampede55
    Options
    I can almost smell the roast beast now! Love the crock!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Awesome Thank you For Sharing:flowerforyou: I would like to try some of your recipes. :flowerforyou:
  • wendibartel
    Options
    Love it! Would love to have some recipes you've found to be "lifestyle change" friendly (never say diet!) I love my crock pot too but could use some new recipes!

There are some amazing reciepes on here. I love spicy pepper steak, Steak strogganoff and mexican chicken. Search crock pot reciepes.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

http://www.amazon.com/Books-Favorites-Winning-Recipes-Occasions/dp/1412725844/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320777040&sr=1-1

You can make a lot of traditional crock pot recipes lighter by changing the ingredients up.

I make a delicious veggie soup that is 120 calories per bowl and very low sodium. Just use fresh veggies and get sodium free beef/chicken/veggie stock.
  • TheLeapist
    Options
    Off Topic:
    OP, love the woman Shephard! High five!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Get her a companion like Rice Cooker. You'll never be the same. lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Off Topic:
    OP, love the woman Shephard! High five!

I'm taking a week off work when ME3 comes out. Oh yes, I am.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Get her a companion like Rice Cooker. You'll never be the same. lol

I have a huge kitchen, so I bought a rice cooker and breadmaker too. They are quite nice also :)
  • stampede55
    Options
    I want a rice cooker!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I want a rice cooker!

Walmart has a bunch of cheap ones that work well. I had one of those in college then upgraded to the stainless once we got our house.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I, too, love my crock pot, but I cheat with my dishwasher almost daily.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I, too, love my crock pot, but I cheat with my dishwasher almost daily.

My kitchen is polyamourous. I share my love with all my appliances. That being said, the Crock Pot is my first wife. The breadmaker is my second. All the rest are concubines.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my crock pot!