FiveFinger Toe shoes

Whats your take on them? are they worth it?

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Try them on. I tried them on just for fun and found the toe part way too long for my toes.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    THEY FREAK ME OUT! :laugh:
  • They are good. But be patient in getting used to the style of running.
    This you have to impact on your ball of your feet vice the heel. If you over do it, it will lead to injuries in ankle and bad shin splints. I use them and ran a 5k not too long ago in them. They provide natural form of running
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member

Your picture freaks me out!!
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    There's a lot of barefoot shoes out there for different uses. What do you plan on using them for... circuit training, running, weights?

If you just want a shoe for the weight room without the heel support, just get some chucks.
  • Vibrams are amazing.. and by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I use them for running; however, it takes time to get used to them. You will get very sore when you first start out. This is because you essentially have been wearing casts on your feet by using regular shoes.. You will begin to work muscles in both your feet and legs that have never been used. It takes some time to get up to your current running ability. In my opinion, when mine wear down I will definitely buy another pair for running.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 330 Member
    I haven't tried them but I think they are pretty groovey looking mind you I like weird things... Finace told me if I get them though he refuses to go out in public with me lol
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member

really? makes me hungry :tongue:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Most runners won't touch them, but most chiropractors think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. My husband runs shorter distances in his just fine, but he hasn't used them for longer runs. I refuse to wear them because I pronate really bad and need the extra support in my shoes that Vibrams just don't have. Yes, God intended for us to be barefoot, but God didn't make asphalt and concrete, so running on those types of surfaces with them could potentially cause injury if you're not careful and don't ease your way in to barefoot running.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member

They are hideous. There are pairs that accomplish the same thing and arent hideous. I would try the New Balance Minimus
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    My husband didn't like way they fit his toes, but I love the pair I've got! definitely have to break them in slowly when running in them because it forces you to run different (more natural). My calves hurt at first, but I enjoy running more with them then regular shoes so it's worth it! :smile:
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member

I don't like pizza, so it just freaks me out
  • THEY FREAK ME OUT! :laugh:

Me too.. lol.. :)
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    They are hideous. There are pairs that accomplish the same thing and arent hideous. I would try the New Balance Minimus

Merrell makes some nice shoes too.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member

The idea of walking in the street and picking up random objects with my feet is euphoric. Though I would rather use it to pinch people in meetings...

But Would I buy them? Nope
  • Jbloom82
    Jbloom82 Posts: 2 Member
    I love my five finger toe shoes. They're great for hiking and indoor rock climbing.
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    I don't run, but I love them for short hikes and for around the campsite post hike!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Most runners won't touch them, but most chiropractors think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. My husband runs shorter distances in his just fine, but he hasn't used them for longer runs. I refuse to wear them because I pronate really bad and need the extra support in my shoes that Vibrams just don't have. Yes, God intended for us to be barefoot, but God didn't make asphalt and concrete, so running on those types of surfaces with them could potentially cause injury if you're not careful and don't ease your way in to barefoot running.
    I know runners who run 1/2 or full marathons in them. That's how I got introduced to them. Seems like a lot runners in the military are gravitating towards them. And if the five-finger look doesn't suit a person's fancy, Vibrams have pairs that look like normal shoes.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    I love my vibrams for HIIT, specially since I'm flat footed. I have evolves for indoor rock climbing.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    I think if you're going to go THAT minimal with your shoes, you should probably try a running seminar by Newton or POSE to learn about more midsole striking and better running form.

Also, you might want a transitional shoe before making the jump. Try Saucony Pro-Grid Kinvara to transition. Then in 6 months you can move over to a more minimalist shoe.