Let the Pounds Fall Week 1 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• soupreem27
    soupreem27 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just joined the group yesterday. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and working towards our goal(s). Feel free to add me: soupreem27 :flowerforyou:
  • soupreem27
    Options
    Ready and waiting for this week's challenge

12426109.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Alright guys. You're doing great so far! Tomorrow we will be earning bonus points in the form of calories burnt. That means 1 point or every 100 calories our team burns. So make sure you track how many calories you burn tomorrow & post it here!!!!

I don't know the exercises for tomorrow yet, so I will let you know asap.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Gail and I'm new to the group this week. I started with the workout this morning, great way to start. I'm looking forward to this challenge with you.
  • fitnessmonthly
    fitnessmonthly Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi team l did all core exercises.Welcome to all new members.

Walking done for 60 minutes burned about 280 calories.
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Workout for tomorrow was just posted! Here ya go:

Tuesday =leg day
    100 jumping jacks
    40 squat kicks (squat then kick right leg kick left leg squat)
    1 mile run/walk on top of what you already had planned for the day. If 1 mile is easy make it a 5k
    50 toe touches -- feet shoulder width with hands on hip. Bend as waist touch toes and back uo to hands on hips
    60 calf raises --- can be done on flat ground. Add weight or a ledge to increase difficulty
    10 one leg squats on each leg

Don't forget that your team is also earning bonus points for your TOTAL calorie burn for the day. This includes your full workout and not just what you burn doing this leg workout.
  • soupreem27
    Options
    Is there anyway we can substitute the running for something else and just do the other excercises too? I'm asking because today isn't a running day for me. And by the time I get home it's dark and I like to run outside. I usually run on Mon, Wed and Fri mornings and the rest of the week I do about a 60 min - 90 min workout from home. I just don't want to mess up what we have going on as a team.
  • lunamare
    Options
    Yeah, i wasn't thrilled to see a 1 mile run thrown in the middle of all of these leg exercises either. By the time I get home and get to do these, going out for a 1 mile run/walk in the dark isn't going to happen. My "thought" was to do the 1 mile speed walk at lunch and just do the rest later in the day. I know that's not what you're supposed to do, but, I work full time and I need to modify my workouts to fit my life - that's part of learning how to be successful at being active.
  • soupreem27
    Options
    I think that as long as we're doing something and burning cals is the goal. I know that tonight I'm going home and doing some Insanity: The Asylum and then I'll do the other portion of our challenge.
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies :bigsmile:. Today is a super burn for me so I will make sure I report later.
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Hmmm. I just asked bmfrazie if we can substitute. I wonder if you guys could just do stairs or something. or do more of everything else.

I will let you know asap.
  • lunamare
    Options
    I saw her response "walk or jog around the house for 18 minutes or use a treadmill".
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Thanks lunamare!!!
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    Completed todays workout and burned a total of 1884 calories working out 2 hours today :bigsmile:
  • lunamare
    Options
    Wow, I feel like a slacker. I worked out and completed today's challenge and only counted 285 calories burned. What did you ccount the challenge as?
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Here's the challenge for tomorrow!!!

Wednesday = arms

If you need to adjust or modify any of these to your ability level please do. If you have questions on modifications please message bmfrazie. I am also including videos for those that want to watch them....

Everything should be broken up into 3 sets of 10

Standing Bicep Curls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av7-8igSXTs
    Shoulder Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-aVuyhvLHU&feature=relmfu
    Tricep Extension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRiJVZDpdL0&feature=relmfu
    Pec/chest Fly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmXSO_EqNeY
    Push ups (you can modify these to be on your knees or against a wall)
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    Wow, I feel like a slacker. I worked out and completed today's challenge and only counted 285 calories burned. What did you ccount the challenge as?

I didnt count the workout in my cals burned, it was from 2 hrs of kickboxing.
  • lunamare
    Options
    I like today's challenge :)

Are we supposed to post here or on Belinda's message thread with our calories burnt yesterday?
  • soupreem27
    Options
    Completed todays workout and burned a total of 1884 calories working out 2 hours today :bigsmile:

How did you burn that much doing our challenge? I'm jealous :huh: . I did a 45 min workout (Turbo Fire) and then did the challenge exercises and only burned about 390.
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options

How did you burn that much doing our challenge? I'm jealous :huh: . I did a 45 min workout (Turbo Fire) and then did the challenge exercises and only burned about 390.

Kickboxing. I swear by it. You burn a lot of calories. Others on here do Zumba, you dont burn as much as kickboxing but you do burn a lot.