Lost weight using this as a guideline to lose more

Options
Hello all,

My name is Chris. About roughly a year ago I joined the gym and have been going consistently since then (5 days/wk) and now I am at 91 lbs lost (started in 370's now down to 280's) and it changed my life. But I was not watching my calorie intake and decided if I do that I can lose more and more rapidly as well.

So far on this program I lost about 3 lbs in 2.5 weeks....I do not know if that is a good pace. On most of the days I do eat less than the suggested limit per day (one or two days I do go splurging and I put EVERYTHING on this...even alcoholic drinking if I do go out doing it)

Is this the pace I should be going at? (about 1 lb a week?)

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    1lbs a week is perfect! If you feel weak at all then add some more calories (proteins will help) but most people are set to lose about a pound a week!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    1 lb a week is a nice pace. Some lose more and some less, but 52 lbs a year fat loss keeps the body functioning well.
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey! Don't be yourself up so much! Remember you lost 90 Lbs.! Just try to balance your diet and keep at it; you already know the results you have optained going to the gym consistently! Also remember that the more weight you loose the the harder you have to push; our bodies get used to the monotony and you plataeu! It's happening to me right now! But I just have to keep going! We can't stop now?
  • CRomulus1
    CRomulus1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I've plateau'd before and it sucks and almost gave up...its the worst feeling when you workout so hard and the scale numbers do not go down (sometimes it increases and you're like NO WAY). But I kept my composure and switched up my routine and I started losing again!