Healthy Snacks

Options
So I'm having some problems finding things to snack on throughout the day. Does anyone have some healthy snack suggestions that are relatively tastey and inexpensive? Lately I've been eating baby carrots but that's getting boring.

Replies

• daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    nuts such as almonds, grapes, apple, protein bar, cottage cheese, string cheese, berries, yogurt, ...

it seems that my "mainstay" snacks for my workdays are about an once of almonds or a cup of grapes. Sometimes an apple. The other stuff is great for my weekends.
  • moonfleur75
    Options
    Of course any fruit or veggie. I also like hummus and celery. You can also make your own pita/tortilla chips to use in the hummus. If I think of anything else, I'll get back to you :)
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wasa crips (any flavor) and laughing cow cream cheese triangles (I love the sourdough crisps with chipotle cream cheese).

Also celery with laughing cow cream cheese is good too.

Honeycrisp apples, fat free popcorn, Chobani Greek yougurt - so good!
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    i suggest this to everyone: world gourmet veggie straws. delicious, lightly salted, crunchy like chips. om nom nom

Other than that, popcorn is a go-to for me, as well as a tbs of peanut butter with my baby carrots or celery.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Wheat thin crackers, wth laughing cow cheese, Low fat popcorn ( pick at whole bag all day) Grapes and berries, graham crackers with low sugar jelly, spicy hummus with veggies, egg white omelets with lots of veggies any time, very low cals. Depends on how many calories I have
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I just made the yummiest mini pizza. One white cheddar rice cake, 2 tbsp no sugar added pasta sauce (I used Monte Bene), 2 olives sliced into thirds, 1/4 oz fresh mozzarella. Assemble and enjoy!
  • dauhl
    dauhl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to eat fiber one bars, their 90 calories and because of the fiber they stay with you longer.
  • chefbrina
    Options
    Aldis has some reduced fat whole wheat crackers that are awesome. 16 of them for 140cal. I love them with hummus, low fat cheese, peanut butter. They give me a salty, crunchy snack to replace potato chips and they are filling. Any fruits or veggies are good. Hard boiled eggs are also excellent.
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE my smoothies, apple peanut butter, celery with peanut butter.... I usually find that I miss my snacks, but use the time to eat a 1/2 cup of ice cream when my husband gets home and eats dinner (he works late).
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have a stash of different frozen veggies in the freezer at work and if I need a snack, I'll heat up a serving in the microwave. Usually does the trick. Also, I love apples so I have 2-3/day. Yogurt's another good one.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Another thing I love as a snack is to take drained yogurt (dump it in cheesecloth in a strainer and let it drain for a few hours. The solids left is yogurt cheese. I LOVE carrots dipped in that. You can use it like cream cheese but it has the probitotics still in it.
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Snow peas, edamame, or red, yellow, and orange peppers dipped in hummus.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are Rice Cakes, baby carrots, 10 calorie packs of pretzels or baked cheetos, apple, string cheese, 55 goldfish, 30 special k sea salt chips, or a banana.