I'd like to join

AshDHart - sw:377 cw:307.8 - Loss 4.2lbs....yay
    moeswifeyangela -sw:333 cw:325 - Loss 8lbs ...woot woot
    shannon_2003 - Up 4lbs
    Painten - sw:301 cw:266 - Up 1lb
    Skpresley20 [sw 197] [cw 192] [gw 145]
  • moeswifeyangela
    Options
    Yay! Thanks everyone. I am really excited. I know that loss isnt typical and it wont happen that way normally, but I am so dedicated and loving it!! I do have a question though...what do you suggest for strength training? I know next to nothing about eating healthy and working out LOL!

Way to go everyone on the weigh in. This is a great way to see it right in front of your eyes and confront it. Atleast for me it is.
  • Supermommy3
    Options
    I just got my invite and I'd love to be a part of this group.

I am a 25 year old mom of 3. Before having kids I was 103lbs. I was very active. But after having 3 kids I now weigh 168lbs. I want to lose this so bad. And I'm looking forward to getting to know other women who understand what I'm going through.

SW: 168lbs.
    CW: 168lbs.
    GW: 105lbs.
  • Bexidecimal
    Options
    Yay! Thanks everyone. I am really excited. I know that loss isnt typical and it wont happen that way normally, but I am so dedicated and loving it!! I do have a question though...what do you suggest for strength training? I know next to nothing about eating healthy and working out LOL!

Way to go everyone on the weigh in. This is a great way to see it right in front of your eyes and confront it. Atleast for me it is.

My vote is dumbbells, just because you can use them at home! you can always do exercises with your own body weight for example sit ups and push up and the dreaded squat!
    Just remember that balance is key, cardio and strength training go hand in hand to help you lose weight, they balance each other out and for the best results have to be used together.

anyway that's what I've always been told =]
  • juicyfruit85
    juicyfruit85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I FORGOT TO WEIGH IN! AYE! I'll get it on here ASAP when I'm off work haha.
  • juicyfruit85
    juicyfruit85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BTW... good work everyone! :)
  • KariNich85
    Options
    Did anyone notice the new Groups ? I was thinking maybe we could move this there!
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AshDHart - sw:377 cw:307.8 - Loss 4.2lbs....yay
    moeswifeyangela -sw:333 cw:325 - Loss 8lbs ...woot woot
    shannon_2003 - Up 4lbs
    Painten - sw:301 cw:266 - Up 1lb
    Skpresley20 [sw 197] [cw 192] [gw 145]
    ntheba SW 157.5 , CW 156.6 GW 149.6 Loss 0.88lbs YAY.

Congrats to all of you who have lost.Didn't weigh in on Monday as we were on holiday :). SO did it today.

My goal this week is to get back into doing my weight training regularly. Been a bit tough lately with work and other issues but going to try ,no I change that to definitely going to do weight training tomorrow!!!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice the new Groups ? I was thinking maybe we could move this there!

Good idea!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options

I not long ago posted just that on Dreamer's homepage *lol*
  • sunshinelover22
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am 2 days new and received an invitation to join this group. I am not sure how to do that or just by simply replying to this thread puts me in the know? Please let me know if I need to do something else. Happy to be here with you!

I am 45, single mom, looking to lose as close to 60lbs as posible.

:heart:
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't know what groups you're talking about...

Today is like the first day I've had cravings for JUNK! grrrr I'm trying to ward them off, I know they are only temporary. still frustrating!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    sunshinelover22...no you just jump in and post and you've joined *lol*

RonneyKay...there is a new "Group" tab under the "community" tab up the top there...the junk craving can be hard to overcome. It wont hurt every so often to have some junk just don't do it too often and try and keep it in your calories, although plenty of people on here do have a "cheat" meal or day every week or 2 to keep on track.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: What is everyone's feelings about either making T.H.E. a GROUP or staying here? Here is the definition of a GROUP & the new rules IF we become a group, along with my responses.

Each group has it's own message board that the group can use to support and motivate one another. Once you join a group, the Group's message board will automatically be added to your main Community page so that you can easily view any new Group topics.
    My response: This would be the only thing I would like because it would make it easier to see each time someone posts in the T.H.E. group. But looking over the new community guidelines, I don't feel that we are in danger of breaking any of them. So, I don't think it is worth changing T.H.E. from a thread to a group.

Groups can be public or private. If you create a public group, anyone can join and anyone can read the group forum and participate. If you create a private group, people must receive an invitation to the group from one of the existing members to join. Note, though, that any member of a private group can invite additional members to join. My response: I guess T.H.E. would be considered a private group because I do send out an invitation to female members to join us, but they also spread the word to their friends about it. I have always considered T.H.E. for women only. Making it a public group might change things so men can join too & there are some things (sometimes) discussed in the thread that the members might like to keep between us.

Groups are mostly self-moderated. Each group's administrators are responsible for appointing some members of the group as moderators, and those moderators are responsible for ensuring that the group and sitewide rules are followed in the groups forums. If you report a post in a group, that report will be sent to the groups moderators, NOT the sitewide moderators. My response: I have never appointed someone as a moderator, everyone is free to make their own comments & remind me of things that I forgot like Painten did last night.

Groups have some more leeway than the main forums, but still must follow a set of sitewide rules. We've released new community guidelines which explain the difference between the rules for Groups and the rules for the main forums. Each group can then add it's own rules. As long as the group moderators are enforcing the sitewide rules appropriately, we will largely leave them alone. But if you see an instance where the sitewide rules are being broken and the groups' moderators are not dealing with the situation appropriately, let Steven know and we'll investigate promptly. My response: These are the NEW COMMUNITY GUIDELINES so let's be sure that everyone knows the rules that we must follow & hopefully if somone sees another T.H.E. NOT following the rules, they will comment on it & not turn me in to Steven, okay?:noway:

Painten said that it seems a bit more involved than i thought to become a GROUP. I'm happy with it as it is and most others seem fine, we have managed so far so it's up to you and what you think would be easier and better? I reckon though that as the thread hasn't had any problems before then we don't really have much problems with rule breaking.

So I agree with Painten that we should stay a thread & not put us under the GROUP category. What are your thoughts???

The NEW Site-wide Community Guidelines for MFP:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.
    2. No Hi-Jacking Topics
    Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) No pro-anorexia or pro-bulimia posts, groups, profile names, or profile bylines. Photos intended to promote or glamorize extreme thinness are also not permitted.
    4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
    5. No Public Posting of Private Conversations
    Do not publicly post an email or private message from any other MyFitnessPal user, moderator or administrator at any time.
    6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics
    Topics which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors.
    7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information
    For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, instant messenger ids, etc.
    8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes
    a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.
    9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups
    Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.
    10. Multiple Accounts Are Not Allowed
    Creating a second account for the purposes of deceiving other members or to work around a Forum suspension is not permitted and will be grounds for a permanent ban from the site.
    11. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators
    a) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the Forums or in Groups. If you have a question or concern about a moderator or admin action, please email one of the moderators or Steven, an MFP staff member, with your concern and we will investigate the matter promptly.
    b) If you have concerns about another poster, or wish to report a guideline violation, the only appropriate venue is to use the Report Post link or to message a moderator or Steven, an MFP staff member. You may not air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in the Feedback or Help forums.
    12. No Profane, Vulgar, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Images
    All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:
    - no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
    - no hateful or violent imagery
    - no images containing profanity
    If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines.
    13. Violation of These Guidelines May Lead to Disciplinary Action
    We reserve the right to delete or lock topics, to disable the posting privileges of any member, or to deny anyone use of our site at anytime, for any reason, at our discretion without warning or notice. Conversely, we reserve the right to dismiss a reported post if we find it does not violate a guideline.

Additional Guidelines for the
    Main Forums
    1. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.
    2. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums
    Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.
    3. No Political Topics in the Main Forums
    Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.
    4. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language
    No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.
    We reserve the right to moderate a topic based on the intent of the sexual material it contains. Topics intended to titillate will be removed. Topics with medical or clinical themes related to sex or sexual health may be permitted, at our discretion.
    5. Please Post In English On The Main Forums
    Because we need to ensure that our English-speaking moderator team can properly understand and evaluate all posts, we request that all posts on the Main Forums are made in English. If you wish to post in a different language, we encourage you to join a language-specific group.
    6. No Public Protests Of Moderator Actions Or Decisions
    We at MyFitnessPal are people too, and all of our forum moderators are unpaid volunteers. We all work hard to improve the site and ensure MyFitnessPal remains a positive and friendly place for everyone. When problems arise, we do our best to be fair and nice people. We require that community members interact with us in a respectful manner, and while we understand that people get upset, we will not take abuse and we reserve the right to deny you access to the site at any time.
    If you have an issue with a moderator decision or action, you may send a private message to a moderator or to Steven from the MFP Staff. But please do not post such disputes on the forums themselves.
    7. Three Strikes and You Are Out
    We feel strongly that posts or actions disregarding these guidelines jeopardize the supportive atmosphere of MyFitnessPal. Such posts may lead to consequences including warning, suspension of posting privileges, or, in extreme cases, removal of a user from the site. As a general practice, we will operate on a “three strikes” system. If moderators block you from 3 topics for any of the above reasons, you will be permanently banned from all of the Main Forums.

Group-Specific Guidelines
    1. Groups Can Establish Additional Group-Specific Guidelines
    Group Administrators may establish additional guidelines for their Groups as long as they do not interfere with MyFitnessPal’s sitewide guidelines. Members of the group must adhere to these group-specific rules.
    2. Group Moderators Must Uphold Site-wide Guidelines
    All group moderators are required to uphold the MyFitnessPal site-wide guidelines to the best of their abilities. Failure to do so will result in the loss of their moderator privileges and possibly the shutdown of the group.
    3. Do Not Troll or Harass Groups
    There will be groups with opinions that you do not agree with. Do not use groups as a way to harass or insult others.
    4. No Mass Invites or Invite Spamming
    While we certainly encourage group founders to invite members to join their groups, excessively spamming invites is not permitted and will result in the deletion of the group. Please invite members to your group in moderation.
    5. Groups That Allow Mature Content Must Be Marked Mature
    If your group decides that it will allow mature content, it must be flagged as a mature group. Failure to do so could result in the deletion of the group. Please note that even groups marked as mature must still adhere to our site-wide guidelines.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Dreamer:) I sent you a message on the topic...

My junk food craving is gone!!! I ate some decadent hummus (tahini free) and I used bell peppers for dipping. it was fabulous and I feel completely indulged... ahhhhh
  • mwoneis
    Options
    I would be open to whatever the group thinks is best. I can't seem to find the "group" section on the community page though :ohwell:
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Hey All!!!

I was invited, so im really still not sure what this is, but hey im GAME =)
    I really look forward to making new friends that are in the same boat as me.....
    I still get shy talking about my weight but what the heck we are all trying to lead a
    healthier life right?

So.....

SW: 195lbs (heaviest ever and never wanna see that number again unless you add a few more numbers to it like 00000 and a $ sign lol)
    CW: 191 lbs ((((BIG SMILES))))
    GW: 145lbs

Im setting small goals sooo im plan to be 181 by Nov 21st hoping alot of my weight is water...

Fell free to add me!

:heart: Coll
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    OMW with that many rules!! I have given up a long time ago "mugging things off by heart:tongue: ''
    I am quite Happy staying as a THREAD, that's my opinion:bigsmile:
  • teddyann
    teddyann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm ok with whatever you all decide...but my choice would we to leave it as a thread.
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite, Hawaiin Dreamer! I would love to be a part of this group!

SW: 243.0
    CW: 238.6
    GW: 160.0