Cold all the time

Options
IT seems like ever sence I have started to lose weight. I get cold easier. Which is funny cause before I was always the hot one, never cold. Know Im cold all the time. WHY?

Replies

• DarkAngel525
    Options
    Fat is your body's own insulation. Now that you're losing it, that insulation isn't as thick. It is pretty common to feel colder with weight loss, but nothing to be overly worried about. Just grab a blankie and keep kicking butt!
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm having this too. LOL Isn't it GREAT!? It's because you don't have enough fat on you anymore to keep you warm. Now it gets right to your bones! lol I LOVE IT!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    less body fat? also bad circulation makes a person cold...not sure if a diet or weight can really effect this but something to think about.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Your adipose tissue is shrinking so you have less "padding" to keep ya warm. Just wear slipper socks and carry a blankie... My hubby thinks it's funny how cold I can get... He's now the "hot" one and I'm the "cold" one! :-P
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im always cold. Cuppa tea and my slanket usually sorts that though! x
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold. Even in the summer - I'm cold. I used to ALWAYS be too hot and now? I'm like an ice cube. Fat is the body's insulation -- when you lower your body fat, you get cold easier. :)
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    My cousin was the one that was cold all the time. I would laugh at her. But know its my turn to be cold all the time.
  • JaneWrastle
    Options
    PROTEIN, low carb....i am cold all the time. when i was following adkins (mind you, following it properly, not eating excessive amounts of meat or cheese But instead eating plenty of leaf veggies with moderate fish, cheese, etc. and very little carbs) I was warm. it was awesome. i didn't have to take a sweater with me everywhere. However, it is difficult. It's one thing to be proactive about eating protein, it's another to really cut down on carbs and sugar. something i still struggle with which is why i am here ;)
  • aliburstall
    Options
    You may also want to have your thyroid checked. Hypothyroidism can cause this. Poor circulation can also cause this, but morning exercise usually defeats that.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think you are talking about MEEEEE! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Between the weight loss :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: & the hormones :explode: :explode: :explode: ...I am a mess! :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

I live where we had 100 days of 100+ temps & I still slept with a heating blanket & have a space heater under my desk.

I always state to my hubby that "I think I am screwed up!" He says "Is this a trick question?" or "I plead the 5th" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stephiejones
    Options
    I have been going thru this lately, at first i thought i was always fixing to get sick lol...I have gotten pretty use to it now. I always have sox on now, i always use to be in flip flops. :laugh:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am cold all the time these days. At first I think it was because I was on low calories, and my body didn't have enough fuel to keep me warm. Now I think it's because I don't have a lot of padding to keep me warm. I know my BMI is only about 21, so not super low, but I feel boney. I think all my fat must be on the inside.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I live in Minnesota where winters are really cold. So if im freezing already I can not imagane what winter will be like.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sense I have lost over 100 before I got on MFP. I have been getting colder more and more. Thank you for sharing :smile:
  • Emily102102
    Emily102102 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feeling cold or chilled is a common symptom of low iron

http://ezinearticles.com/?Women-and-Iron-Deficiency&id=550862
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm so much colder now, and the Doc says its likely i have Raynauds syndrome as well :sad: just why it didnt really kick in till I started losing weight I will never know. Have already said catagorically there is no way I am gaining weight again just to keep warm.
  • ksubbert
    ksubbert Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's a good thing. Ever heard of Non-Excercise Activity Thermogenesis? It's basically burning additional calories outside the gym. One of the activities is to simply be cold (temperature-wise).

Being cold burns 3-7% more calories than being comfortable. You could be shaving 100 calories per day by just being cold all the time!
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Thanks its nice to know that Im not the only one that freezes out here...
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My man used to call me the furance, because everyone would love to cuddle with me cause I radiated heat off me constantly and was always Warm and now that ive lost 85 lbs.
    My hands are ice and my covered body parts are still cold feeling when touched.
    My whole wardrobe is tshirts because I hated Sweaters because they made me sweat so Now thats it cold out. I need to Buy sweaters and slippers.and I think I might keep the heat cranked constantly during the day now.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Me too! And you're not the first I've heard this from who's lost weight. I still have aprox. 80+ to go and I've lost 64 but already I have had to bump up my heat and put on extra layers at work. The last several (10+) winters I've worn sleevelss shirts, last year I switched to short sleeves...but this year I'm looking for long sleeved and WARM!!

Good luck in keeping warm!