Just needed to Say I did it.

Options
OK. I don't get much support at home. My hubby would like to see me lose some weight but all he says is that..."I would like you to lose a little weight". No you are doing a great job of trying. I can see how hard this is for you, but I believe in you. He has even said "1.5 lbs this week, that's it??" like he expected that I should be able to lose more.

I am here trying to lose weight, because for the sake of my health I have to. I want to look good a bathing suit and in my clothes. I want to have energy and feel good about me. So his comments are not going to make or break me, but I would like some kudos when I have done something well. So to my fellow MFPers, I am looking to you.

Today at work there was a celebration party for the close of a 4 week campaign that I was involved in. There was cake, two-bite brownies with icing, and fruit. I took 1 yes that's right 1 slice of catalope. NO CAKE and NO BROWNIES. Oh gosh, I really wanted one of those brownies. All the way to the room with the party, I said to myself, "One piece of fruit, only one piece of fruit". So that is exactly what I did. One piece of fruit.

I know that this does not sound like a big deal to most of you, but to me, it is a serious accomplishment. I kept my promise to myself and stuck to the plan.

YEAH ME!!!!

Tina

Replies

• JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good for YOU! You can do this! Keep it up!
  • annesul
    Options
    Well done, you are doing brilliantly, keep it up
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • mebegreen
    Options
    That is fan-flipping-tastic!! Great job!! :happy:
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I know how hard that would be. :happy:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking to your guns. Tell your husband to stuff it....okay, maybe not literally but tell him that he isn't helpful and "if he can't say something nice don't say nothing at all!"
  • jodieh06
    Options
    i feel your pain when it comes to the temptation of brownies, so you know what? you're right to say its a great accomplishment, welldone! xx
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your will-power! You can do this! I know you can!
  • richardholt2011
    richardholt2011 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well done. know exactly what you mean

And well done for not smacking your husband round the head with a frying pan. Double victory
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! Brownies are my HUGE downfall! I would eat a pan in one night if left alone with it... Way to go!
  • runfrommygenes
    Options
    I think you did an amazing job! It is hard to walk away from the yummy stuff, and you did it! GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK!!!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Great job!! That's a hard one to do! Someone is always bringing something sweet (or completely bad for me) into my office and 9 times out of 10, my diet goes right out the window those days! Amazing willpower! Keep up the great work and soon your hubby will be asking you to GAIN some weight! LOL! :bigsmile:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely fantastic! Look at how much power and control you truly have- I'm thrilled for you!
    As for your husband, I would confront him. Tell him you need his support, and that you are working incredibly hard.
    I hope you are as proud of yourself as I am of you! :D
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!

btw- it gets easier to say no to that office food.
    btw- 1.5 lbs/week! that is an awesome and heathy goal. Don't let anyone tell you differently!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome accomplishment cuz I sho would have been having some cake! LOL...

As for your hubby saying only 1.5 pounds in a week he must not realize that is a huge loss for one week. Those who do not try to lose weight don't know about it at all. Maybe try explaining to him it took years to put this weight on so its gonna take some time to lose it. Also its not good to lose it too fast! You'll just gain it all back. You're making a lifestyle change!

I had lost 20 pounds and my sweety hadn't muttered a word. I finally went fishing for the compliment. I asked him if could tell that I've lost weight. He says not really! I had lost 20 FRICKEN POUNDS and you couldn't notice!!!!! I was crushed but stuck with it. Men can be so insensitive! This is very emotional for us and they just seem heartless.

I'm rooting for you!!!!!
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    brilliant work, you are a strong woman and you can and ARE doing this, great work keep it up and be happy with who you are a strong, successful woman
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options

And well done for not smacking your husband round the head with a frying pan. Double victory

:laugh: Yep! He's lucky to have a woman like you!
  • amdsdc
    amdsdc Posts: 23
    Options
    Great job! Its hard when you dont have that support, thats why I am on here all of the time. I get all of the support that I need from MFP!
  • abazooday727
    Options
    Way to go! Why don't you tell your husband a nice joke when he says something about you needing to lose weight? Tell him to start using Miracle Grow, and You will start taking Slim Fast! :smokin: :tongue:
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    I'm sorry that you don't have better support at home. :grumble: Please feel free to add me, and I'll try to be a supportive friend. You did awesome just eating one piece of cantaloupe. Keep it up!!!