Newly un-engaged and ready to start over! : )

Options
Hey there!
I am really ready to see what this is all about! I have done weight watchers for a long while, quit, and wanted to try something new. I recently moved into my new house (new to me anyway), re-joined my old gym, and I am ready to get myself and my life back! I was in a five year relationship with a guy that I am pretty sure never really wanted to get married, so after a 6 month engagement we broke it off and I moved out. I am looking forward to being healthy again. Mind Body and Soul! If you're in need of support friend me and I would love to be a support system to you and hopefully gain support myself! Have a great day!

Replies

• CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Adding you! :)
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did WW for a long time, and am doing better with this than I did with WW. I think you will love it! Welcome to the group!!! Feel Free to add me if you like!
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • kwamsat
    kwamsat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks new friends!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wish you the best as you get back on track and reconnect with your health and the things you love! MFP is great.
  • tntmom87
    tntmom87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :) I was in a very similar situation just a few months ago...
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will find great people and good advice here.
  • rebel_girl11
    rebel_girl11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm almost in the same situation too. About to be un-engaged... Time to make a change and get my sexy back!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Can i add you? :)
  • KeepItOff4Life
    Options
    Love that, un-engaged...ugh, might be going down that road too!
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!
  • kwamsat
    Options
    Thank you! Its so nice to see such an outpouring of support on here!
  • kwamsat
    Options

tell me about it! why go through with it if it isnt right!? might be the bravest thing I've ever done!
  • vaderq84
    vaderq84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck with achieving your goals I'll befriend you if you don't mind.
  • cubsfan1990
    Options
    I've recently gone through a similar situation, I was dating my best friend and boyfriend for 4 years and I had known him since I was 14. It has been the hardest change ever in my life, and there have been times where it felt like I would never get the old me back. Since getting back into working out, I have started to get myself back. It has definetely been a life changing experience and I am happier with each passing day. I promise that you can do whatever you set your mind to! Welcome to the site and cheers to new beginnings! =]
  • KeepItOff4Life
    Options

tell me about it! why go through with it if it isnt right!? might be the bravest thing I've ever done!

Exactly! His wonderful mom told me a couple of days ago that it took his dad 6 years, so he gets it from his dad. I'm like, do what!! Uh uh.... Life is just too short to waste your time, when there are others that would be more than happy to take up that time.
  • Welcome! I have been here a year, but just started adding friends and doing the message boards. I have also done WW, the gym, the usual. The support on here is amazing though. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Sorry things didn't work out, but it sounds as if it were for the better. Great site here with exceptional tools and support.

Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you've already lost 100+lbs of useless weight, haha :) Getting rid of the rest will be a lot more gratifying. Good luck, stay strong!
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can add me!! I had the same thing happen to me!! Was with a guy for over 5 years and we just got engaged because it "was the next thing to do". We ended up not getting married and it was the best decision of my life. Now I am married to a wonderful man and could not imagine my life without him.

This time after getting out of a long relationship is amazing. I absolutely loved it! I soul searched and really found out what "I" love. Sometimes when your in a relationship you forget who you are and I vowed after that to never let myself get to that point again.