Diet pills and SSRI's

Options
I just got this weight loss supplement (oxyelite pro) that some people recommended to help me out. I was wondering if I should try it even tho im taking a very low dose if SSRI's (celexa). Anyone know if theres any ineractions? :smile:

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    omg.gif

4.gif<---- This

Diet pills are bad bad news.

My friend is a jockey. He took them to lose weight for a horse race a once. They were supposed to be all natural. He didn't sleep for two days and when he stopped taking them he was walking around like a zombie because he was so tired. Stay away from them unless your doctor prescribes them.

Please read this topic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351800-i-will-never-put-a-diet-pill-in-my-mouth-again
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Did you even read the drug circulars on both?
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about taking both, then check with our dr. Period
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Are you serious?
    Just eat sensibly and diet alone will help if you do it right.
    There is NO QUICK LOSS and if you do it within a few months it will just creep back only twice as much.

What ever you decide good luck on your journey.
  • gretchensdoll
    Options
    I copied this off the label
    Warning: This product is only intended to be consumed by healthy adults 18 years of age or older. Pregnant or nursing women should not use this product. Consult with your health care provider before using this product, especially if you are taking any prescription, over the counter medication, dietary supplement product or if you have any pre-existing medical condition including but not limited to: high or low blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, seizure disorder, psychiatric disease, diabetes, difficulty urinating due to prostate enlargement or if you are taking a MAO-B inhibitor or any other medication, including but not limited to MAOIs, SSRIs or any other compounds with serotonergic activity. This product contains caffeine and should not be taken by individuals wishing to eliminate this ingredient from their diet. Discontinue use 2 weeks prior to surgery. Do not use in combination with caffeine or any stimulants from other sources whatsoever, including but not limited to, coffee, tea, soda and other dietary supplements or medications. Do not combine with alcohol. Discontinue use and immediately consult your health care professional if you experience any adverse reaction to this product. Do not exceed recommended serving. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Please don't get this kind of information from internet weirdos. Call your doctor or pharmacist.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Please don't get this kind of information from internet weirdos. Call your doctor or pharmacist.

Couldn't agree more :]
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Oh and if you would like a review or have any questions on a certain topic, we have a good informative group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/50-supplement-reviews
  • MoniJo82
    MoniJo82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Nevermind taking them. Ill take them back. I havent opened it yet. Ill stick to my vitamin b's. :) thanks guys I was having second thougths about them.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options

^^^

+2
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    How about you just don't take the stupid diet pills?
  • NeverQuit222
    Options
    start running!
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you connect with your doctor who prescribed your meds to see if there are any condraindications with the two products, personally.

On a professional note as a trainer....diet pills are never healthy. At least any of them that I have seen on the market. They are usually feeding a gimmik or an unhealthy way of looking at fat loss plus the body can become compromised in some way but again, a doctor (i say that tongue and cheek because most of them don't really have a clue), could possibly move you in a heathly decision.

Good luck to you and thanks for sharing your question.

Best,
    Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    NPC Figure Competitor
    Free Online Fitness Trainer
    From 170 lbs. to Fit / If I Can Do It, So Can You!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Internet Weirdo^ Damn girl you troll like a mofo tonight
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Im a Broctor and certified Brofessor. Please send your comments through me for approval
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I was considering a thermogenic fat burner and wanted to try oxyelite... But if you read the label it states clearly that people with certain physchological disorders should not take it. I have G.A.D. And I wouldn't want to mix those medications.
  • MoniJo82
    MoniJo82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm taking them for anxiety disorder. Working out has helped alot, but not seeing any weight loss. :( So I was told to try oxyelite. I'm gonna have to wait till i see my Doc. Its fustrating.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

Internet Weirdo^ Damn girl you troll like a mofo tonight
    Just trying to get the point across in a somewhat humorous way... but seriously, not saying everyone here is a weirdo, just that you don't know WHO is a weirdo!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Same here. I'm taking them for anxiety disorder. Working out has helped alot, but not seeing any weight loss. :( So I was told to try oxyelite. I'm gonna have to wait till i see my Doc. Its fustrating.
    Personally I wouldn't take the diet pills, but just so you know, the doctor or pharmacist will usually tell you this sort of info over the phone.
  • gretchensdoll
    Options
    thanks for the clarification :)
    I just googled and zap- easy to read