I need friends to motivate me...please

Options
This is my second week on MFP and I've done ok. I'm looking for some help from others for motivation and maybe a little accountability. I'm 41, married, and I have two daughters. Although my family is very supportive, they are all thin and can't really relate to the daily struggle with weight. None of my close friends are going through this journey. I had weight loss surgery 3 years ago and lost 135 lbs. I'm struggling to lose the last 50 or so lbs. I would like to lose. Contrary to popular belief, WLS is not a magic cure all. I've had to work very hard to lose the weight I've lost so far and have to continue to work at keeping it off. I appreciate any advice and support from the more experienced members. I also welcome any friends just starting out needing support. Thanks!!

Replies

• Heather_023
    Heather_023 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we can cheer each other on! :smile:
  • reharvrun
    Options
    You absolutely need support with people that are going through what you are going through. I am 37 and a mother of 3 girls. Two of the girls are twins. I haven't had any surgery but I can relate to working hard to get off the weight and to keep it off. I recently lost 36 lbs and would love to lose a little more. I would be happy to encourage you to continue in your journey.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me :) I'm perky
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I know exactly how you feel. My husband is 6'4" and 170lbs. My son who is 2years old is the spitting image of his father, tall and skinny. They both eat continually without ever gaiing an ounce. Luckly, my hubby will eat anything I put in front of him so I he very supportaive of my new lifestyle change. Good luck!
  • destinysmommy2011
    Options
    I am more than happy to help cheer you on and give you support, as I need the same little push along as well :) You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend. Im new on here so I have no clue how to do so lol.
  • Miriamreal
    Miriamreal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I been with MFP for one week. I like to meet people to motivate my self also. We might be able to help eachother. =D
    Please feel free to add me.
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm new at MFP, just starting up on some serious weight loss. I don't have any friends who can relate to this, and I'm sure they're already sick of me talking about MFP! The best thing about this site is the support :smile:
  • Tandrumn
    Options
    I feel I am in the same boat as you. I just started back with MFP and so far I am doing fine. Unfortunately, I have asked people to join and help me with this journey (people who complain about their weight), but yet no one wanted to join. So, I am doing it on my own. My husband is extremely helpful, but I need to motivation when I am not at home. Please add me as a friend and we can motivate each other.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The challenges are a great way to get motivated. I am a member of a No Nonsense November Challenge and I will send you an invite to the group. :)
  • Tiffm07
    Tiffm07 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I could also use some support to keep me motivated with my eating and working out!
  • darlandbaird
    darlandbaird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are not alone,we all need that push and support! Add me if you like!
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'd love to motivate! :) I think the hardest part for me is the work out. I thought I'd be crushed about giving up a lot of really fattening foods, but I don't mind it so much. I have a 3 month old daughter which makes even 30 minute work outs hard to achieve sometimes, but today, I'm busting out the treadmill and I"m going to start C25K! I also am thinking about ordering the 30 day shred to add to it! I'm a stay at home mom, so the hardest part is being around food ALL THE TIME.
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well!!! =D
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well! I am a working mom of two boys and I know how hard it can be!
  • sharoncrna
    Options
    I just signed up... just now, 11/8/11! I feel motivated to, once again, start this journey. I pray that I will stay on track and be successful. I know I am not alone in this trek. I have read many of the posts here. I commit to focus, do my best each day and not punish myself for a bad day.
  • donbon175
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!!!! I've added everyone that responded. I really appreciate your support. I was so inspired by the outpouring of "love" that I went and jumped on the Elliptical for a quick workout before leaving to pick up the kids. It's not as much exercise as I would like for the entire day but it's a start. It feels so good! Thanks again and I'm looking forward to more inspiration and motivation. :happy:
  • donbon175
    Options
    We CAN do this!!!!
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'd love it if you added me...I just joined MFP today but I started my weightloss journey over two months ago when I committed to overcoming my videogame addiction. I'm about 18 lbs down so far, but it seems like the more successful I am, the harder it gets to overcome outside influences. My husband has always been tall and relatively fit-looking, and is quite upset about the extreme reduction of former family 'southern fried' favorites like chicken fried steak and gravy, biscuits and gravy and chicken and dumplings.
    My housemate has started doing everything in her power to sabotage me, including stocking the fridge with things like Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer, Almond Joy coffee creamer, Chai Latte coffee creamer (I'm notorious for my addiction to dessert-flavoured coffees, and buying bulk quantities of these things is extremely uncharacteristic of her :/ ) I know that people who are not invested in making life changes find the chatter about such to be extremely annoying after a while, so I would greatly value anyone who could share and understand what it's like.
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! You will find lots of help and motivation here! Add me if you would like... we all need support!