Ostrach sticks

Options
Sounds gross but they are low in fat, very high in protien and 100 calories. Super tasty)

Replies

• CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I had ostrich meatballs once and they were actually really good!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What are ostrich sticks? I don't think it sounds gross at all, they are supposed to be good meat aren't they? I've never tried it. My aunt bought 2 emus but ended up keeping them as pets... they're kind of scary. I would definitely eat them.
  • hyperheather
    Options
    oops on the spelling:)
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have had an ostrich steak before. Ever have filet mignon? If you've had bison beef, ostrich is about the same... hard to differentiate from beef or other red meat. Doesn't taste like chicken.
  • hyperheather
    Options
    Oh, they are like pepperoni sticks but ostrich (note the spelling). Monarch weight loss center sellls them. I feel like I'm cheating when I eat them:)
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I get Ostrim from the Smoothie King sometimes. Or the gym's bar. They're ostrich and other meat (usually beef, but I think they have some turkey). Nothing wrong with them except they're high in sodium like every other jerky or beef stick on the market. They're delicious. Don't feel like you're cheating PROTEIN! :)
  • hyperheather
    Options
    OK.....Now I'm getting a hankering for one.