Vegetarian sausages?

Options
I found a healthy recipe that involves vegetarian sausages, are they heaps healthier and less fattening? Also, if I feed my boyfriend vegetarian sausages, do you think he would notice if they weren't real meat?

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Less fat/calories/cholesterol, so yes, they're healthier. He might notice, but he might not. Some of my friends can't tell the difference between their real meat and my fake meat.
  • rockchick90
    Options
    im not veggie but I choose to eat veggie sausages just because theyre healthier for me
    depends which you buy, I dont tend to like Quorn sausages because to me they don't taste right but Linda mcCartney sausages are awesome! they look and taste a bit meaty
    no harm in trying :P
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I second the Linda McCartney sauages! Yum. Very nice in a roll with french's mustard x
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    He will notice, but they are delicious anyway. My husband and I often say that the veggie substitutes are delicious and would be more delicious if you weren't expecting them to taste like the item they are substituting.

We throw them in stirfry and stuff like that. The only thing I wouldn't do is simmer or boil them. They'll lose flavor quickly.
  • much2gain
    Options
    morning star is also a breakfast sausage. Depending on if they take a leading roll in a dish or not, the boyfriend may or may not know. :)
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Morningstar Farm's Italian Sausage....soooo tasty, great flavor and all around awesome