I'm turning 30 this year...

Options
And I plan on being 50lbs lighter by then (September 10). Woohoo! Ultimately, I hope to be 100lbs... I'm currently 182lbs and barely 5 feet tall.

I'm really excited about this "Get Gorgeous" program I'm doing for myself. Since I was overweight for most of my life, I can't wait to be healthy and slim in the second half.

I'm not following a specific diet - just eating healthy basically. And I'm exercising as much as I can, normally about 30min in the morning and another 30min to an hour in the evening 4 or 5 times a week.

I look forward to "hanging out" with you guys and swapping diet/fitness secrets. :smile:

Replies

• queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    And I plan on being 50lbs lighter by then (September 10). Woohoo! Ultimately, I hope to be 100lbs... I'm currently 182lbs and barely 5 feet tall.

I'm really excited about this "Get Gorgeous" program I'm doing for myself. Since I was overweight for most of my life, I can't wait to be healthy and slim in the second half.

I'm not following a specific diet - just eating healthy basically. And I'm exercising as much as I can, normally about 30min in the morning and another 30min to an hour in the evening 4 or 5 times a week.

I look forward to "hanging out" with you guys and swapping diet/fitness secrets. :smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 this year too!! In August!

You have my mom's b-day!! :bigsmile:

I wish you many sucesses on your journey so you can welcome in the DIRTY THIRTY!!!:drinker:
  • queenmina
    Options
    Forgot to mention that I'm starting out my exercise regime with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred in the morning and Barry's Boot Camp in the evening. On top of that I try to do additional cardio (walking, jogging, elliptical trainer).
  • queenmina
    Options
    Aw thanks! :) Dirty Thirty here we come!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello, I am turning 30 in December. I am calling this my maintenance year. Cool, its nice to know that were not in this alone. Although loosing weight is not the easiest thing in the world, I am learing to enjoy the journey.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • datank4
    datank4 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am also turning 30 this year in June.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    We should have a look HOT for our dirty thirty group!!!! :bigsmile:
  • lisavvip
    lisavvip Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in November - let's all do it and be the healthiest we can be!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I am also turning 30 this year, on September 22nd!! I hope to be my goal weight by then!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I'll be 30 this August!

Should that make me feel old? Because I don't.....
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I will be 29 on Wednesday and my goal is to get to my goal weight by May 2010, but I hope I will get there by April 15, 2010, that will be my 30th birthday. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I'll be 30 this August!

Should that make me feel old? Because I don't.....

What day in August? Mine is the 21st!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    30 on June 1st!

Yay to 30!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • aalbaum
    aalbaum Posts: 4
    Options
    Hola! I want to join the Dirty 30 club too :) My 30th will be on July 22 this year - and I hope to drop at least 20 lbs by then.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Wow, when I was your age, I looked like my photo avie, hehe ... yep, December 2007 a few months shy of turning 30.
  • queenmina
    Options
    Yay! Here's to the DIRTY THIRTY club! May we all lose lots of inches and pounds and look absolutely fabulous! I'm sure it's going to be one helluva year. :)
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I turned 30 on Sept. 4 of 2008. It feels great. Good luck on your journey. You've found the right place! The people here are amazing. They motivate, inspire, butt kick, anything you may need. :laugh: