Attention: owners of dogs with flatulance

Options
2»

Replies

• tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    My boxer is the WORST! In fact, boxers are known for bad flatulence. I've had to teach her to leave the room when she does it (which is far too often). I actually taught her shame laugh When she would do it (audibly) I'd say "Lady" in a disappointed tone grumble . So now after she does, she'll drop her head & slowly walk out of the room.

I know it may sound mean, but I'm telling you, what she's doing to us is much, much meaner. sick

Hehe I have a boxer too. The night we brought her home from the breeder (she was 12 weeks old), she farted the whole car ride home. We thought it was funny then...lol but it never stopped. She has the loudest farts I've ever heard from a creature that doesn't really have butt cheeks.

It became the main reason she's not allowed to sleep in our bed anymore. I was tired of being woken up in the middle of the night to the worst dog farts!

LOL :laugh: I know exactly what you mean. The worst part about it that they're sometimes loud enough that the nearest person will get blamed for it. :sad:
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    We were just watching Dogs 101 on animal planet and they did a bit on Bostons and they said that they were just about the stinkiest dogs out there because they take a lot of air in when they eat there food. :laugh:

Other than that everything they said about them was great. Easy to train, smart, pretty healthy breed, etc. Definitely a candidate for doggie number 2!!

I have two Bostons and a Boston/french bulldog! They are the BEST dogs ever! They love to snuggle, show a lot of emotion, and are very entertaining! They are definitely people dogs, so I wouldn't recommend getting one if you aren't home a lot or don't have much time to spend with your dog.
  • Dedicated
    Options
    The type of food your dog eats definitely effects how bad their gas is. Bostons are known for their gas, and I have noticed that some foods make it much worse than others. Currently my pups are on Merrick and their gas is almost non-existent. Also, plain yogurt added to their food can help.
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My boxer is the WORST! In fact, boxers are known for bad flatulence. I've had to teach her to leave the room when she does it (which is far too often). I actually taught her shame laugh When she would do it (audibly) I'd say "Lady" in a disappointed tone grumble . So now after she does, she'll drop her head & slowly walk out of the room.

I know it may sound mean, but I'm telling you, what she's doing to us is much, much meaner. sick

Hehe I have a boxer too. The night we brought her home from the breeder (she was 12 weeks old), she farted the whole car ride home. We thought it was funny then...lol but it never stopped. She has the loudest farts I've ever heard from a creature that doesn't really have butt cheeks.

It became the main reason she's not allowed to sleep in our bed anymore. I was tired of being woken up in the middle of the night to the worst dog farts!

LOL :laugh: I know exactly what you mean. The worst part about it that they're sometimes loud enough that the nearest person will get blamed for it. :sad:

I have a boxer also and she has this same issue. She's oblivious though, lol. We'll be saying "Oh Kacy!!" trying to clear the room and she just looks at us with this "What?" look . Our last boxer was the same and my in-laws' boxers too. They are just blessed I guess. They are so darn cute though.:heart: I have noticed that there are certain breeds that are a bit more prone to this than others. The best thing we can do is not give her any scraps at all. I feel bad for her because my german shepard/husky mix has an iron stomach and can eat anything.

Good call on looking at the ingredients in Beano. Hope she gets better.:flowerforyou:
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The type of food your dog eats definitely effects how bad their gas is. Bostons are known for their gas, and I have noticed that some foods make it much worse than others. Currently my pups are on Merrick and their gas is almost non-existent. Also, plain yogurt added to their food can help.

Benny loves yogurt! He actually loves blueberry and will eat it right out of his dish. No help on the gas though, lol.
  • Frost
    Options

I have a boxer also and she has this same issue. She's oblivious though, lol. We'll be saying "Oh Kacy!!" trying to clear the room and she just looks at us with this "What?" look . Our last boxer was the same and my in-laws' boxers too. They are just blessed I guess. They are so darn cute though.:heart: I have noticed that there are certain breeds that are a bit more prone to this than others. The best thing we can do is not give her any scraps at all. I feel bad for her because my german shepard/husky mix has an iron stomach and can eat anything.

Good call on looking at the ingredients in Beano. Hope she gets better.:flowerforyou:

Absolutely worse than the gas problem is our Australian Sheppard's problem. The story, ugh: when B and I first got together she told me that K had issues with beef. He was absolutely to never have any beef ie steak ever. Well being the Irish pet Mom that I am, I fed him the absolute tiniest piece of steak. The poor guy had diareah for hours and I mean like 12 hours. Errrr...I felt horrible.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options

Benny loves yogurt! He actually loves blueberry and will eat it right out of his dish. No help on the gas though, lol.

I love to make special treats for my dog. She does like yogurt. So in the summer time I make yogurt ice cubes for her. Add a bit of honey to some plain yogurt (you can also mix in flax seed and fish oil if you have supplements for your doggy), then pour the yogurt mixture into ice cube trays and freeze them to make individual treats.
  • Frost
    Options

I love to make special treats for my dog. She does like yogurt. So in the summer time I make yogurt ice cubes for her. Add a bit of honey to some plain yogurt (you can also mix in flax seed and fish oil if you have supplements for your doggy), then pour the yogurt mixture into ice cube trays and freeze them to make individual treats.

What a fab idea! Watch out Martha Stewart here we come!
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ok, i have a "bugg", part boston, part pug....peee yew!!!!
    do not EVER give these dogs pupperonies-you WILL regret it!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    We were just watching Dogs 101 on animal planet and they did a bit on Bostons and they said that they were just about the stinkiest dogs out there because they take a lot of air in when they eat there food. :laugh:

Other than that everything they said about them was great. Easy to train, smart, pretty healthy breed, etc. Definitely a candidate for doggie number 2!!

I have two Bostons and a Boston/french bulldog! They are the BEST dogs ever! They love to snuggle, show a lot of emotion, and are very entertaining! They are definitely people dogs, so I wouldn't recommend getting one if you aren't home a lot or don't have much time to spend with your dog.

What does youe boston/french look like?? More boston or more french?? Picture please.
  • Dedicated
    Options

What does youe boston/french look like?? More boston or more french?? Picture please.

He looks mostly like boston, but definitely has frenchie features. Although his ears don't stand up (which is uncommon in both bostons & frenchies) they are shaped like frenchie ears. He also is a lot stockier,has shorter legs, and has the brindle color of a lot of french bulldogs. I'm a proud momma and can't just pick one picture! I wish I could show you a picture of his underbite because it is just so dang cute! He likes to show his teeth when he wants food :)

Hank
    IMG_1898.jpg

What he'd look like if his ears stood up!
    IMG_2067.jpg

Doing what he does best
    IMG_2249.jpg

Wanting Maggie's food
    IMG_1570.jpg

With Maggie
    IMG_1279.jpg
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Awwwww he is the cutest lil guy!!!! I can't wait til I have room for another dogggggie!!!!
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    LMAO!! I am a Boston owner also. Jake loves to lay under the sofa and let er rip! Nothing like sitting down to enjoy a show and getting stunk out of the room! I have never smelled anything so bad. Will have to try yogurt and see if that helps. I try to avoid people food with him...he has a very sensitive system. When we got him, I didn't realize he would be a one dog methane factory! :laugh: Lucky for him he is so darn sweet.