I want to Subway

Options
and got :

the 12' veggie sub is this OK? I kinda eat all of it cuz i forgot to eat breakfast. *blushes*.

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    as long as u have cals for it... why not!?! a lot of veggies yum!
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what you put on it.

Alone, it's not an awful choice. But if you add cheese and mayo, it gets considerably less healthy.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Subway has nutrition facts online
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I want to subway too!
  • rosalyn54
    rosalyn54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just checked the calories ......460 calories, lots of carbs snack...according to my trainer at the gym, eat carbs early so that you can burn them off, so the choice is yours......she say's the body uses carbs first for fuel, so if you dont burn them, guess what they turn to fat!! ahhhhh......its tough. I am no expert though :-)
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    as long as u have cals for it... why not!?! a lot of veggies yum!

Seriously, I like this website in that regard. You don't HAVE to eat only rabbit food to lose weight. You just have to make sure you keep your calories under a certain amount. Healthier choices tend to have fewer calories, so it's easier with them, but you can have the occasional burger or whatever and it won't be the end of the world.
  • stardozer
    Options
    I got veggies and honey musterd on it/
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I personally would choose a oven roasted chicken breast salad instead with lots of lettuce, spinach and veggies. I would also only use vinegar as my dressing. It can be a little high in sodium though I think.
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    460 for a 12" sub is WAY lower than I would have guessed at (not saying its wrong, just that I am pleasantly surprised!)
  • TsukiakariUsagi
    Options
    It really depends on what you put on it.

Alone, it's not an awful choice. But if you add cheese and mayo, it gets considerably less healthy.

Aimee's absolutely correct. I found out that the best sauces to put on the sandwiches are Sweet Onion, Mustard, Honey Mustard. The worst by far way Mayo. I was actually surprised at the increase from Oil and Vinegar too. If you go to their website, you can customize your sandwich and see all the Nutritional Information about that particular arrangement and get the best setup for what you like to eat. I've been slowly ditching mayo on a lot of things just because it tends to like double the calorie count on some things... that stuff's insane. I still use it in my tuna and chicken salads, but that's about it.
  • monetsf
    monetsf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, it's not a matter of it being good or not; did you stay within your calorie goal or not? Food in themselves are not bad, it's the amount you digest that can be the problem.
  • stardozer
    Options
    I lost! I weigh 154 pounds.
  • oaken
    oaken Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try taking all the extra bread-ing out of the bread? Tell them to rip out the all the insides of the bread to cut those carbs.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

^ This is really the most relevant info for you OP. You can go online and just plot in what you ate and find out whether or not it fits your macros.

Also, without context of daily nutrition (total cals/macros consumed), nobody can really tell you whether it's good or bad to eat certain foods (food intolerances and medical conditions aside).
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options

^ This is really the most relevant info for you OP. You can go online and just plot in what you ate and find out whether or not it fits your macros.

Also, without context of daily nutrition (total cals/macros consumed), nobody can really tell you whether it's good or bad to eat certain foods (food intolerances and medical conditions aside).

^^This right here. If it's in your calories and fits your macros...eat it. There's no good food/bad food...just food
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I lost! I weigh 154 pounds.

well done!