Motivation for Exercise-QUICKLY!

Options
Hey everyone,
I have recently started using MFP since friday as I am desperate to lose some weight before I go to the christmas party at my workplace. However, I am very lazy and never been very interested with sport or exercise as such. I don't earn a high enough wage to join the gym, so can anyone help with easy exercise tips which are relatively cheap and are worthwhile?

I HAVE LESS THAN A MONTH!

xx

Replies

• TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Do you have internet access? I do mini workouts online throughout the day, when I'm doing well anyway. Not so much lately! :grumble:
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Run outside / walk

get excersise videos and work out at home

instead of weights use canned food

there is heaps of inexpensive ways to do it

but if you are lazy as you said that is more what you have to overcome.... JUST DO IT :o)

trust me!!!!

I WAS SSOoooooooooooo lazy and you really just have to do it or else no one will do this for ya
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Go and run (jog) around the block for about 30-60 min. It is a very cheap way of burning calories.
  • christina51582
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLBDeqit8EQ&feature=share

check out this link - there are a bunch of INCREDIBLE 10 minute home workouts... they can be crazy hard if you are a seasoned fitness buff or a really great challenge if you modify to do them at whatever level you are. Plus...they're free!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I force myself to walk so far away from my home because obviously I have to come back. :laugh: This way I get in some exercise!
  • nikkischmitt79
    Options
    I just recently discovered Zumba, I get a great calorie burn in about 25 minutes. They are available on netflix too!
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    If you have cable, there are a TON of on demand fitness programs...and they're free! :wink:
  • emilyyhorton
    Options
    walking tends to be my main form of exercise, i live in the UK though where the weather is unpredictable and i know i won't be motivated to go out when its cold and wet!
  • linz31
    Options
    I know $ is an issue but if you can throw down a bit of $ for say classes at the community centre, that will motivate you to do it! (at least that's what i tell myself!)
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Walk, run, play a sport you like. Do crunches, mush-ups, core exercises.... I would google easy fitness and see what you can find, that you will like to do. If you don't like to work out or are lazy. Then you will need to find things to do which are fun for you, so that you stay engaged. Hope that helps?

Also if you decide to walk or run and get bored. Try using really great music to keep you going. ;)
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txGCzvlHb-g&feature=related

Billy Blanks Tae Bo

this workout is great and you can do it from you computer.
    some times i dont have the time to do the whole workout, so i do 10 to 20 minutes. with just 10 minutes sometimes i burn almos 100 calories. hope it will help you
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Go to bodybuilding.com. you can find TONS of exercises to do at home with no special equipment. My personal fave: squats. Burn it up!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Such awesome ideas I want to save this for later!
  • emilyyhorton
    Options
    Just checked out Tae Bo, looks like a great, fun way to exercise and burns lots of calories too!! Thanks :)
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLBDeqit8EQ&feature=share

check out this link - there are a bunch of INCREDIBLE 10 minute home workouts... they can be crazy hard if you are a seasoned fitness buff or a really great challenge if you modify to do them at whatever level you are. Plus...they're free!

Thanks for this !!!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    If you have a game system (PS3, Xbox or Wii) there are a lot of games to burn calories!
    I work out in Dance Dance Revolution and I easily burn 350-400 every 30-45 minutes!
  • jernigan51
    Options
    Run or walk outside, or dvd's! I had noticeable results with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred! It's brutal for the first 5-7 days but if you stick with it's so worth it! good luck and if you need added support you're welcome to add me!
  • ceci411
    Options
    I love the total body workouts On Demand through Comcast. They are the quickest and most effective way I've found to burn loads of calories and work out your whole body! :)
  • awoutlaw
    Options
    bump for later!!