Food Cravings!

Options
Every night sitting down in front of the telly, i always have the urge to go in the kitchen to get something to eat and it always gets the better of me! I need help to battle this issue or at least change my food cravings to healthy foods as its typically crisps or chocolate!

How can i overcome this?

Replies

• wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    There is no food allowed in living rooms or bedrooms in my house...therefore NO food in front of the TV
  • dclassi1
    Options
    I need help with this as well. I snack throughout the day, my stomach starts to growl and it's embarrassing. I have started carrying nutritious snacks; apples, grapes, pretzels, granola bars to help me. I'm beginning to consider an appetite suppressant.
  • GoalsinMind
    Options
    I've struggled with this as well. I have found that when I take junk food (sugar, artificial sugar, anything processed) out of my diet, I am SATISFIED! It's not easy to get started, but products (even "diet" products!) contain additives and such that make us want more! I prefer grapes in the evening. I can pop them in my mouth and they are sweet! :)
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love to snack... I mean snacking is my favorite thing EVER... I don't know if I'm getting my point across but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I keep grapes or grape tomatos in a collander in my sink and whenever I wander into the kitchen to eat I grab one or two and get out. It's also good to snack on them while I'm cooking. I clean, or play on the computer alot to keep myself busy and away from the bad snacks. I notice when I don't have time to think about snacking I don't have the time to snack. I try to eat before going to costco so I'm not tempted by their little kiosks of food and it helps me not to visit the food court.

Maybe you are just bored not hungry? Do you have a hobby? You can also do that while you are watching t.v. Like knitting or something similar. Also, when I've decided that I am DONE eating for the day I go and brush my teeth. I hate eating right after I brush my teeth.
  • vondeez
    Options
    Get rid of the crisps & chocolate. I know w/ me if it's there it's gonna be eaten. replace w/ low calorie/fat treats. A jaw breaker gives you no fat and few calories since it takes so long to eat.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    I always have a snack after dinner. I plan for it. And I usually try to push it till 8pm so I'm satisfied for the rest of the night.
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    what if you chop up things like raw carrot and cucumber and mix in some beansprouts and use that as a graze box?
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    or sugar free lollies? popsicles? frozen yoghurt? beef jerky? baked cauliflower pieces? or if you are hungry then what about a bowl of porridge/oatmeal made with water? dunno about you but it takes me ages to eat porridge and fills me up too
  • tidmutt
    tidmutt Posts: 317
    Options
    You could try increasing protein intake. If I eat enough protein at breakfast I can go the whole day and not feel hungry.