How important is water

Options
I have a hard time drinking all the recommended water. Shoot some days I'm lucky to get in one glass. Never been much of a water drinker so I was just curious on how important it was when it came to weight loss.:drinker:

Replies

• tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking all the recommended water. Shoot some days I'm lucky to get in one glass. Never been much of a water drinker so I was just curious on how important it was when it came to weight loss.:drinker:
  • TheUglyOne
    Options
    Very important. Water helps all the functions of your system. It definately helps your body operate better and it also raises your metabolism. Most people suffer from dehydration giving them dry mouth headaches or fatigue. The energy gained from proper hydration makes it easier to watch calories too!

Long story short. Drink your water. :drinker:
  • NavyFMFCorpsman
    Options
    Well in a nutshell you need water. Your body is made up of over half water and your cells contain water also. Try to shoot for at least 8 cups (not 14oz but 8oz ones). Water also acts as a filler for your stomach. If you feel hungry drink a glass of water, if still hunger 20 minutes later then eat something. Try to stay away from really cold water. Room temperature is easier on the stomach and helps you to drink more throughout the day. You can also always add no-cal flavor packs or add lemon/lime juice(squeeze bottle type) for some caloric burning. Hope this helps.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Water also aids in weight loss because it helps flush out the by-products of burning your fat for fuel.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Water is essential...

kind of like bread for a pb&j.... hard to have a pb&j without the bread.

or wheels on a car... we invented the wheel a long time ago and it'd be impossible to imagine our world without it...

So imagine your body without water: it's a dark, primative, dog-eat-dog world (if only they'd thought of the wheel!):wink:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

No but seriously, drink water. Add a squeeze of lime to make it fun. Get a 32oz water bottle (then you only have to drink two) and carry it around with you everwhere. Within a week, you won't even notice that you're blowing through 2 of those 32oz'ers like nobody's business and a few weeks after that you'll notice that you actually crave water. No joke. Happens to everyone. Because water in our bodies is like sunshine to flowers, like snow to a skier, like fur to a puppy... take it away and all you're left with is grey beards and old teabags. :wink:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise? I cannot work out without it. I can easily drink 32 oz of water per hour of exercise. Plus, I drink water before and after exercise for proper hydration. I know I get enough water when my urine is clear and I need to "go" every 45-60 minutes. 8 glasses per day is just a STARTING point. For good health, water is key!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    For me, water is most important to curb appetite.

The body's signals for hunger and thirst are almost identical, and most often people reach for food, in search of fluid. I find that drinking a full glass or two 30 minutes before my meals has been a key part of my success.

Also, if you never feel thirsty (you mentioned you drink one glass a day) you might want to salt your food. When you are eating clean food (think plain salmon, steamed veg) you can add a little salt without detriment, and it might put you back in balance to feel a little bit of thirst.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ginnyg
    ginnyg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi there

not only is water an aid to weightloss as everyone says but its great for hydrating your skin, something that many people with a good few pounds to lose need to keep the skins elacticity. Trust me i have lost over 40lbs and am half way to my goal i have done this slowly and have been keeping my fluid levels up and my skin is coping very well!

if you hate the idea of water have you tried green tea or rooibos tea (also known as redbush) both are naturally decaffinated and contain antioxidants and a cup counts towards your fluid intake!!
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the information. Its nice to know you all took the time to respond. I will do my best to drink more water.:happy: :happy: :drinker: