Gluten Free Recipes...

Options
My aunts brother is severely autistic and has been losing weight like crazy (like 80lbs in 3 months) and is way to skinny. They have taken him to many doctors and he has had a ton of tests. But so far the only thing they could guess is crohn's....It has helped a little but he is STILL losing weight. Part of that may be because they are having trouble finding gluten free recipes/foods he wants to eat. Since he has special needs he doesn't really understand anything about whats going on. So...If anyone has any Gluten free recipes that you think he may eat that would be super! His parents are not the best cooks and don't have a ton of money for buying weird ingredients that he won't eat anyway so the simpler the better : )

Thanks!

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Go to food.com they have tons.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to point you in the direction of the Gluten Free group on here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/112-gluten-free

They'll definitely be able to help you out and offer some support as well.
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
  • corbansmom
    Options
    http://Crockpot365.blogspot.com

All of her recipes are gluten free. We really like the Teriyaki Apricot Pork Chops and the Lasagna Ravioli.
  • CPReaves
    CPReaves Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What kinds of foods does he like? My entire household has been gluten free for over a year because we figured out that 3 of my kids and my husband are all gluten intolerant. We've learned to turn our favorite foods into gluten free versions. We make fried chicken (and occasionally fried shrimp) with corn flour (which is cheap and found in most grocery stores near the taco stuff (which is also GF as long as you get the corn shells)) and other spices mixed in. Simple things like using beef and chicken stock instead of broth or bullion, switching to gluten-free soy sauce can make "normal" foods gluten free. We make the same foods we made before we went gluten free just without the gluten. Walmart sells Heartland pastas which are gluten free and yummy, and compared to other brands, they are pretty cheap. They are always on the bottom shelf. We have used the penne and fusili to make homemade macaroni and cheese. I do do all my own baking from scratch and use (typically) 3 flours for that (sorghum, potato starch, and tapioca flour) and make all of our own cakes. I also use white rice flour and brown rice flour for cookies and bread and dumplings for chicken and dumplings. Those are the only flours I buy. My kids are very picky eaters so I stay away (for the most part) from finding new recipes or trying new things. They have done very well with just swapping out, and they don't know the difference.