Feeling defeated

Options
I really don't think I can do this healthy eating anymore. I have tried and tried. I'm even working with a bariatric team. I'm so frustrated I just want to cry. I don't understand how eating such a small amount of food can make people feel satisfied. I try to only eat 350 cals per meal and then I get hungry an hour later. I'm frustrated. I can't seem to loose more than 30 or so pounds. I needed to loose another 20 or so for my realistic goal...but my husband who was supporting me is really not helping me anymore. In fact, he's gaining weight and eating bad things....bringing bad things into the home. It's frustrating to see his weight sky rocket out of control and mine not moving. I'm giving up. I was destined to be fat.

Such is life.

Kathy
:explode:

41101.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I really don't think I can do this healthy eating anymore. I have tried and tried. I'm even working with a bariatric team. I'm so frustrated I just want to cry. I don't understand how eating such a small amount of food can make people feel satisfied. I try to only eat 350 cals per meal and then I get hungry an hour later. I'm frustrated. I can't seem to loose more than 30 or so pounds. I needed to loose another 20 or so for my realistic goal...but my husband who was supporting me is really not helping me anymore. In fact, he's gaining weight and eating bad things....bringing bad things into the home. It's frustrating to see his weight sky rocket out of control and mine not moving. I'm giving up. I was destined to be fat.

Such is life.

Kathy
    :explode:

41101.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gperry227
    gperry227 Posts: 93
    Options
    Look how far you have come!!! YOU have done a great job. YOU have lost the weight. Your husband didnt lose it for you. Your husband's weight from what I read is skyrocketing in the wrong direction. You are not destined to be fat. You are d estined to be a healthy person. Do you take any medications that might increase your appetite? Keep working at it. You are strong. Talk with your bariatric team and find out if increasing your calories is an option.
  • LOSINGITALL
    Options
    Ma'am you have made tremendous and significant progress. You have no idea how I would love to be in your position where I would have already lost HALF THE WEIGHT you have. So don't give up!!!! Don't allow someone else's indiscretion to dictate your health and cause you to lose sight of YOUR GOALS (not your husband's goals, but YOUR GOALS)!!!!!!! Remember that the race is not given to swift nor the battle to the strong, but to the one who endureth until the end!!!! YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU KEEP FOCUSED ON YOUR GOAL!!!

BE BLESSED
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    what kinds of foods do you eat, hun? 350 cals worth of say.... cheese, isn't much but 350 cals of lettuce is a LOT of lettuce. Try incorporating a bowl of low sodium (preferably homemade) soup or a leafy salad with very little dressing to you lunch and dinner. These foods will bulk up your meal, without adding many calories. for example, a bowl of my homemade chicken noodle and veggie soup, a grilled cheese sandwich with real cheddar on wheat and a small pear comes to about 350 cals for me. just an example.

I hope you stick with it, it's the best thing for you! I never thought I'd get used to it either but I completely am! You can do it too, I know it! :flowerforyou:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    what kinds of foods do you eat, hun? 350 cals worth of say.... cheese, isn't much but 350 cals of lettuce is a LOT of lettuce. Try incorporating a bowl of low sodium (preferably homemade) soup or a leafy salad with very little dressing to you lunch and dinner. These foods will bulk up your meal, without adding many calories. for example, a bowl of my homemade chicken noodle and veggie soup, a grilled cheese sandwich with real cheddar on wheat and a small pear comes to about 350 cals for me. just an example.

I hope you stick with it, it's the best thing for you! I never thought I'd get used to it either but I completely am! You can do it too, I know it! :flowerforyou:

She said try bulikg up your meals. It does make you more satisified!! Good luck.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    You have already done a good job in what you have already lost why would you think you were destined to be fat. Why are you consumed with what your husband is doing- If he wants to eat himself into fatness let him you can't force him to make the decision of getting healthly like you did. But you could explain to him that the more you lose the more active you will become and he will be left in your dust. - In my opinion it is your willpower and determination that is with you not other people patting you on the back- If you want to quit thats your choice but remember if you quit you will most likely start packing back on the pounds you already lost and bring some friends- Like I said its your choice. Best of luck in your decision-

Yes this may sound harsh but its the truth-
  • willbethin
    Options
    Take one day at a time and just promise to get through that day. Don't look at the big picture!!! Look at being healhy for one day and concentrate on how you feel. When you feel your worst, try to find something that weighs what you have lost. Pick it up, carry it around, or try. Do you want that back on your body? Start another positive thing. I say a prayer and read scripture each morning before I do anything. I can not believe what God is saying to me when I just open the bible and pick versus and then I journal. Today it was Psalm 119, and the verse in that Psalm that I am hold to today is, "Turn away my eyes from seeing what is vain, by your way give me life." Pretty neat for just sitting down and turning to a page, huh. One more thing, if you are hungry in between meals, would it help to break your calories into 6 mini meals? Hope this helps, and I'll say some prayers for you!!!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!:angry: This is a lifestyle, not a "diet". You've done a great job in the weight you've already lost. Don't give up on that. Why don't you try going into maintenance mode for a few weeks? Forget trying to lose and just concentrate on maintaining your current weight. Your daily calorie allotment for maintenance is likely 2000. You can eat a lot of healthy stuff for that. Focus just on making healthy choices-- no soda, no fast food, no mindless munching!!:explode: If your husband doesn't support your choices, do it for you!!! Also, make sure you eat consciously- eat slowly, enjoy your food. Allow yourself to have some of the things you love, but in moderation, occasionally!

Good luck!:flowerforyou: We're here for you!!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I am on a 100 calorie every hour meal plan. And I absolutely do not get hunrey. I get all my milk, protein. grain products, good fat, Plenty of veggies and fruit.
    This is my second week and I feel wonderful and satisfy.
    Caliecat
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Why did you post this? Were you hoping that someone would give you permission to give up? Well, you do NOT have our permission to give up. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and quit feeling sorry for yourself. Nobody, and I repeat, NOBODY is destined to be fat because destiny is a big load of crap. We make our own destinies with every choice we make every day. You chose this path because you saw that something needed to change. Have you stopped caring that you hurt more because you are carrying around the extra weight? Have you stopped caring how your extra weight effects your job? I doubt it. You still care about those things. You still want to be a fitter and healthier you. So if you still want it, then go get it! You are HALF WAY THERE! Yeah, it's going to be a little harder from here on out, I won't lie to you. You are going to struggle and you are going to fight to get to your goal. There will be days when you think to yourself that you just don't want to do it anymore. But if you give up now, you'll never get there.

So toughen up Cupcake, and let's get going!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You can't give up now, you've come too far! Can you exercise more so you'll get more exercise calories? When I hit a plateau that's what I do and it usually bumps me past the stuck place.

The husband - oy. All I can say is you have all of us supporting you! We won't steer you wrong or eat junk food in front of you! :happy: