Newly un-engaged and ready to start over! : )

Options
2»

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I know this time is difficult but it's amazing that you are taking the time for yourself. Six years ago I got engaged, moved in and thought I had a fairy tale. That guy ripped my heart out, as we broke off the engagement and I moved out. That was one of the most difficult times of my life. I did not handle it in such a healthy way, but eventually got my head on straight. Two years later I married that same guy, he's been my best friend ever since. I'm not saying your situation will or even should end up that way, but that heartache I endured put me where I am today (not fat..but stronger and happy). Sounds like you already have a great plan in action. Keep it up and all the pieces will come together! Best of luck to you!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I was previously engaged also to a man who didn't want to get married. Good for you for sticking up for yourself and starting over! Good luck to you!
  • Newstart5
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your lost...oops I mean his!!! :)

Add me if you would like...support is always needed!
  • kwamsat
    kwamsat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been here a year, but just started adding friends and doing the message boards. I have also done WW, the gym, the usual. The support on here is amazing though. Feel free to add me if you would like.

Thanks! I will!
  • kwamsat
    kwamsat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you've already lost 100+lbs of useless weight, haha :) Getting rid of the rest will be a lot more gratifying. Good luck, stay strong!

I love it! I did lose a big amount in that sense already! You're right! Thanks for the laugh!
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    Hey there.. welcome to the site. Sounds like you've been going through a hard time, but good for you for just putting one foot in front of another.. hope you find what you're looking for. I've found MFP the best thing I've tried so far, and I've been all over the map.. keep going!! If you need anything, just remember to ask...
  • godsblessing
    godsblessing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Adding you sweetie! Things happen for a reason! And your case a good one!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I got un-engaged too, and that was a large part of the reason for my weight gain. But things happen for a reason. In my case, it was definitely for the best. That's probably true for you too. MFP is a great place for support. You will love it here. I also did WW, and that didn't really work for me. Needed something that I could stick with and MFP has provided everything I needed....even things I didn't know I needed. Sending you a friend request. :happy: