changing starting weight?

Options
I am thinking about changing my starting weight. The one I have set is the weight I was at when I started MFP, but.....I lost 20lbs before that; however, that weight was all lost while pumping right after my son was born. Should I change so that weight counts as well, or leave it and just account for the loss that came with hard work (ie exercise and eating right) opinions anyone?

Replies

• jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I should also note that my son passed away, though it is not for sympathy, but it may weigh in on opinions...
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    OMGosh Im so sorry to hear about your son.. I could not imagine.. How heart breaking.. Put in the weight you started losing from .. I did.. I started MFP in August .. I had been losing weight since May 18th.. You earned every pound of it !!!:happy:
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the lost of your baby. I think you should use the weight you were when you joined MFP.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Since I did it, I say go for it! I lost the majority of my weight before joining MFP, but put in my original weight because I want people to see my whole fitness journey at a quick glance (because I know I relate differently to someone who has lost 50+ lbs to someone who's always been fairly thin but just wants to tone). That way if someone wants to friend me because we have similar backgrounds, it's easier for them to find that information
  • JenniferH007
    Options
    i had the same question it is want you prefured it you want to be constient then change it so evey thing matches i lost 5 pound in 9 mounth then stated this so i asked the same q a cupple of dayes ago and ended up changing to what it was when i started my weight loss
  • JenniferH007
    Options
    i am so sorry to hear about your son:-( now you got a speacl angel in heaven watchn over you I will say a pray for you and your family tomorrow during my morning walk please let me know if you need anything at all
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    just account for the loss that came with hard work (ie exercise and eating right)

I like the idea of what you wrote here, as it proves to yourself that you really worked for it, and that it paid off.

But nobody can tell you what's right for you, only you know your whole stoy :smile:
  • larak2011
    Options
    I think this is a VERY interesting topic as I have lost 12 pounds which are not accounted for on MFP...so when you look at my profile it looks as though I've lost only 8 pounds....hummm. I debate with this issue as well....thank you for sharing your thoughts.
  • AloyMomNwife
    AloyMomNwife Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I should also note that my son passed away, though it is not for sympathy, but it may weigh in on opinions...

I am so sorry about your loss. It breaks my heart to read this and I can't imagine what you are going through. You will be in my prayers. Don't answer if your not comfortable but, what happened to him?
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

I am so sorry about your loss. It breaks my heart to read this and I can't imagine what you are going through. You will be in my prayers. Don't answer if your not comfortable but, what happened to him?

He was born with a heart defect . Basically he was born with a broken heart. he underwent multiple heart surgeries and it was during recovery that he ran into complications. We lost him when he was 20 days old
  • mdlross
    Options
    :smile: It's okay to change your weight.