Ways to exercise at home?

Options
I'm just getting back into loosing weight again this time I'm going to stick with it. Just by dieting I've lost 10 pounds since July and I feel like walking isnt cutting it any more can some make me a good routine to help me burn a couple hundred calories? Thank you :)

Replies

• kristinathenina
    Options
    I :heart: dvd workouts, there are some that use weights and some that don't, most run about 10 a pop, you can get them from netflix too,
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i use my stairs.. running up and down them is a great workout for me. :)
  • lost50
    lost50 Posts: 12
    Options
    Same here I am back so I dont get any further up in my weight. I will go down before Christmas!!!
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Stairs are an AMAZING work out....you burn 100 calories in 10 minutes (its tough as hell)....and you work your legs and butt and abs doing it..
  • Newstart5
    Options
    I have been working out for the paswt 30 days at home (minus a zumba class) and I use the on-demand feature that most cable companies offer...that way, i get to try a new video every day and don't have to invest in buying them. I have recently done Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walk and Chris Feytag's walk and sculpt. I also did a belly dancing 15 minute workout (boy was that funny) and a hip hop video....It is fun and great to switch it up every day!

Good luck!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My workouts are dvd's (Jillian Michaels are great), biking out on the bike path or C25K (running app for phone).

Hope you find something that works for you! Good luck!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love DVDs .. I mix up different work out routines so I don't get bored, Right now I am using Rushfit, p90x, and insanity.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I am interested to see what everyone else says!

I just lost my gym membership and planning on doing all my workout dvds that i have around the house! LOL
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Jump rope burns a lot of calories in a short amount of time. I like to do it in my garage or out in the driveway.

A nice pair of dumbbells is easy to use and takes up very little space. I recommend getting "The Women's Health Big Book of Workouts" for ideas.
  • deysha
    deysha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are some good & free yoga routines in OnDemand from your cable company, they also have cool cardio or strenght training routines! I was able to set up a mini gym in my house by searching in Craigslist, I found free weights & exercise bike, and a $35 treadmill, they are not top of the line but they get the job done! It takes a while to find those good deals but it's worth it! Hope this helps.
  • becky611
    Options
    I cancelled my gym membership when I moved up here to Alaska and I just started doing Turbo Fire...It is alot of fun and some serious *kitten* kicking.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells!!!!!!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Check out Zuzana on youtube or at bodyrock.tv, she has a TON of free video workouts. The newer ones are very intense, but go back to earlier workouts and they're definitely do-able.