New mom needs old body back

Options
My name is Allison, I'm 25 and I had my first baby July 29th. I love my daughter to the moon and back, but my body is now a disaster -___- . I've always had to work hard to lose weight and apparently 35 of the 45 pounds I gained during my pregnancy isn't going to magically disappear. My goal is to lose 55 pounds before we start trying for baby #2 to ensure my body is in the best shape possible for the next go 'round (I had a pretty rough time with our daughter.) Are there any other new moms out there that would like to support each other?

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I had my son may 25th. You can add me if you want :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Oh and I gained close to 80 lbs while pregnant .... ouch!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hi Allison,

I'm Nakabi and I have a just turned 2 year old son and a 7 month old daughter. I completely understand what you are talking about! lol

I've also resolved that I need to lose at least 18 more pounds before we have another baby. My daughter's birth was pretty rough as well (emergency C-section to save her life due to all kinds of issues) and I can't just seem to lose the baby fat, especially my tummy :)

We can do this!!!
  • mbennett26
    Options
    HI Allison,

Im in the same boat as you! My first son was born on June 29th, 2010. I gained 50 lbs during pregnancy and still have to lose about 30...unfortunately I gained 10lbs back once I stopped nursing this summer. It definitely has been a struggle to stay consistent with my exercising and most importantly, eating right. So I would love to have someone else help me stay accountable and hopefully someone to share tips with.
  • amunajj
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I had my precious little girl on Oct 9th. I gained 45 lbs and I was already 12 lbs over my target weight (although I was still in healthy range) I'm trying to lose 45 lbs now and the going is tough and slow. I get caught up forgetting to log every nibble of the day and staying consistent with my work out routine. Feel free to add me as I think support and accountability is the best way for us to all reach our goals. :)