the dress that opened my eyes

Options
I bought this cute skirt to wear for christmas. I thought it would be a little big but I liked it that much. it was way cute, black linen with embrodered flowers. I bought it at a second hand shop for 2$. got it home , went to try it on and I couldnt get it past my thighs!.
i was shocked, it didnt fit. then i bought a scale and was SHOCKED to see i had gained so much in such a short time.
this skirt prompted my getting serious about my eating habits. My goal to wear it for easter dinner. then it would remind me of how hard i worked so i wouldnt eat all the things I shouldnt. that and it was really cute.
i did it!:heart: i wore it on easter. it felt so good to hit that little mini goal. i really feel proud of me! YAY

Replies

• mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    I bought this cute skirt to wear for christmas. I thought it would be a little big but I liked it that much. it was way cute, black linen with embrodered flowers. I bought it at a second hand shop for 2$. got it home , went to try it on and I couldnt get it past my thighs!.
    i was shocked, it didnt fit. then i bought a scale and was SHOCKED to see i had gained so much in such a short time.
    this skirt prompted my getting serious about my eating habits. My goal to wear it for easter dinner. then it would remind me of how hard i worked so i wouldnt eat all the things I shouldnt. that and it was really cute.
    i did it!:heart: i wore it on easter. it felt so good to hit that little mini goal. i really feel proud of me! YAY
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    isnt that an awesome feeling!!!
    congrats:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking control back! I'm glad you got to wear your skirt:flowerforyou: I use clothes as my scale. I still weigh sometimes but if pants I own are getting tighter I know to start watching closer.
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    That's amazing! :smile: Way to go! You're shrinkinnnnng... :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    yey! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! WTG!!! Doesnt it feel great to wear clothes you could never wear? I love it!!! :laugh: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smokin: :glasses: That's awsome!!! What a great feeling!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Photo?? :smile:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Photo?? :smile:

As we say on another message board I hang out at:

"This thread is useless without pictures!". :happy:
  • lovedbyGod2
    Options
    Get it girl!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mommachag
    Options
    <~~~~see!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    upload the picture to someplace like photobucket.com

They will give you several codes, one of them has codes that say {IMG} around them (only with straight brackets. That's the one you want to post here, but you need to change the letters from CAPS to lowercase for some reason, or it won't post. So it will look like:

{img}www.whatever.jpg{/img} when you type it here.

Can't wait to see the pic! :smile:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Good Work!:bigsmile: I'm going to try on my motivational dress!:happy:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Good Work!:bigsmile: I'm going to try on my motivational dress!:happy:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Oh, that is cute!! I can see why you were motivated to wear it!

Now that it fits, I guess you get to go buy something else to keep you motivated, lol!!
  • mommachag
    Options
    the dress fits, but not yet the way i want it to. however it does hide the places my weight sticks to. but i have a 150$ gift card to macy's that is waiting for my goal weight
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the photo. I LOVE the dress. And for $2? WHAT A STEAL!!!! You look GREAT!!
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    Wow, you look great in that dress. You should be proud. Keep going.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome, Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!