losing 2lbs a week?

Options
in order to lose 2lbs a week you need a calorie defect of 7000 cals which means that i will have to consume 1000 cals a day BUT the minimum safely is 1200? im confused is it ok to eat 1000 with no excercise?

Replies

• ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. Your body wont be getting the nutrients it needs. I would change it to 1lb a week.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    No, In order to lose 2 pounds a week you need to have a thousand calorie deficit a day... IE 7X1,000=7,000.

I also looked at your profile and it says you lose 45 pounds.. so the most you should be losing at this point is a pound or half a pound.. you don't have enough to lose that would support two pounds a week.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    To lose 2 pounds a week you need to eat 1000 calories less than you burn per day. If that puts your target calories below 1200 you may be too close to your goal to have 2 pounds as a reasonable goal.
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    sometimes i eat like 700 calories a day and exercise for 45 min i feel fine
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    no matter if you exercise or not, dont eat less than 1200cals a day. sometimes its ok, but not in general. your metabolism needs the calories to work right.

try to eat 1200 and exercise as much as you can ! 2 lbs per week are possible :)
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    my personal opinion is that 1000 cals per day isn't enough. if you want to lose 2 lbs a week then i would recommend exercising to increase your daily caloric requirements. if you burn at least 250 cals per day thru exercise then you can eat 1250 cals per day and still lose 2 lbs a week.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    My average is 2.3 lbs/ week. I usually eat at least 1200 calories a day minimum. Average in a week probably 1350.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i asked my doctor he said i need to be between 7 stone 2 and 9.5 im 9.11 at the moment does this mean i am still able to lose 1.5 lbs -2lbs a week still? so confused at the moment as i know weight loss slows down as you get closer to goal?
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Do what mfp tells you if you arent sure, I reckon. Put in your current weight, put in a goal of 2 pounds a week, and if it says 1200 calories a week minimum then stick to it. Worked for me.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    i asked my doctor he said i need to be between 7 stone 2 and 9.5 im 9.11 at the moment does this mean i am still able to lose 1.5 lbs -2lbs a week still? so confused at the moment as i know weight loss slows down as you get closer to goal?

You could, but it wouldn't be safe... and eating a thousand calories a day is one of the reasons why it wouldn't be safe.

Try to shoot for half a pound per week.. and if you happen to lose more, then you happen to lose more.
  • ange0628
    ange0628 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    health is sometimes more important than 2lbs per week, you NEED 1200 calories,....in my opinion it is def not enough