My diet and work out plan

Options
How does this look to you guys?
I'm 18, 6'0, 285LBS

Meal #1: Quaker oatmeal with water (160 calories), Eggs or a ON Whey Protein Shake, 1 fruit = Around 460

Meal #2: 1 cup milk (130 calories), 1 scoop protein powder (120 calories) = 250 or a hand full of almonds.

Meal #3: 8 oz chicken breast (210 calories), 1 potato (100 calories), 1/2 can vegetables (around 125 calories) = 435

Meal #4: 1 Scoop of whey with water ( 120 calories) = 120

Meal #5: 8 oz chicken breast (210 calories), 1 potato (100 calories), 1/2 can vegetables (around 125 calories) = 435

Meal #6: 2 Scoops of ON Whey Protein (240) with water and 1 banana (100) = 340

Total Calories = 2040

Monday: 3 x Chest, 2 x Biceps, 1 x Abs, 20 minute cardio.
Tuesday: 30-45 minute cardio
Wednesday: 2 x Back, 2 x Triceps, 1 x Traps, 1 x Abs, 20 minute cardio
Thursday: 30-45 minute cardio.
Friday: 4 x Legs, 2 x Shoulders, 20 minute cardio.
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

Replies

• Con40
    Con40 Posts: 6
    Options
    How does this look to you guys?
    I'm 18, 6'0, 285LBS

Meal #1: Quaker oatmeal with water (160 calories), Eggs or a ON Whey Protein Shake, 1 fruit = Around 460

Meal #2: 1 cup milk (130 calories), 1 scoop protein powder (120 calories) = 250 or a hand full of almonds.

Meal #3: 8 oz chicken breast (210 calories), 1 potato (100 calories), 1/2 can vegetables (around 125 calories) = 435

Meal #4: 1 Scoop of whey with water ( 120 calories) = 120

Meal #5: 8 oz chicken breast (210 calories), 1 potato (100 calories), 1/2 can vegetables (around 125 calories) = 435

Meal #6: 2 Scoops of ON Whey Protein (240) with water and 1 banana (100) = 340

Total Calories = 2040

Monday: 3 x Chest, 2 x Biceps, 1 x Abs, 20 minute cardio.
    Tuesday: 30-45 minute cardio
    Wednesday: 2 x Back, 2 x Triceps, 1 x Traps, 1 x Abs, 20 minute cardio
    Thursday: 30-45 minute cardio.
    Friday: 4 x Legs, 2 x Shoulders, 20 minute cardio.
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    looks pretty balanced
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Do some cardio or take a walk/ hike on the weekend. Get a good stretching or yoga cd and do that too. It will work wonders for your body. I am 55 years old and usually work out 7 days per week.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Looks great!!! Your meals look great too,nice going!:smile:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    You're not getting much for vegetables. I would try to add more. If you can use fresh or frozen. The canned can have alot of sodium. Carrots, cucumber, celery, peppers, even zucchini make good low cal snacks.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose 80 lbs, you probably should have far more cardio. Weight training is fine, but it won't burn much in the way of stored fat. I would say 4 days cardio, 2 days weight training 1 day off. That will work different muscle groups differently so you shoudn't become over tired.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    You're not getting much for vegetables. I would try to add more. If you can use fresh or frozen. The canned can have alot of sodium. Carrots, cucumber, celery, peppers, even zucchini make good low cal snacks.

I agree about the sodium content of canned veggies. If you have the opportunity to switch to frozen veggies, I would highly suggest it.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    no fruit? and I only spotted 1 serving of whole grains. Protein is important but your diet seems REALLY protein heavy. fat and carbs are important too!

*** oops, just spotted the banana!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    That's an awful lot of protein powder. What exactly is your goal? The potato and all that protein powder kind of suggests you're attempting to bulk up... but your ticker on your profile says you're looking to lose weight.

I would definitely ditch the canned veggies and buy frozen if you need convenience, or fresh if you can spare the extra preparation time. Not only do canned veggies have a lot of sodium, but they've been heavily processed with added preservatives and the nutrients are barely existent. So, very low on vitamins and minerals that will benefit your body. What is your macronutrient ratio? (percentage of carbs/protein/fat)
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    also... is this something you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life? it seems a little rigid and lacking major nutritional components. i have a friend who is a professional body builder and when she competes her diet looks a little something like this but to keep her slim everyday figure she follows a more 40-30-30 plan(% protein, carbs, fat).

on the food diary page you can see where your falling on carbs protein fat fiber etc. i tweak my menu daily to make sure im getting as close as possible to reaching those goals.
  • Con40
    Options
    That's an awful lot of protein powder. What exactly is your goal? The potato and all that protein powder kind of suggests you're attempting to bulk up... but your ticker on your profile says you're looking to lose weight.

I would definitely ditch the canned veggies and buy frozen if you need convenience, or fresh if you can spare the extra preparation time. Not only do canned veggies have a lot of sodium, but they've been heavily processed with added preservatives and the nutrients are barely existent. So, very low on vitamins and minerals that will benefit your body. What is your macronutrient ratio? (percentage of carbs/protein/fat)

Well I read somewhere that it's good to get 1g of protein per lean pound or something along those lines.
    Should I add more fruit and veggies and maybe some almonds for snack?

Oh and I don't get frozen veggies. I get organic ones from Trader Joe's. I meant to put half a cup not half a can.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options

Well I read somewhere that it's good to get 1g of protein per lean pound or something along those lines.
    Should I add more fruit and veggies and maybe some almonds for snack?

Oh and I don't get frozen veggies. I get organic ones from Trader Joe's. I meant to put half a cup not half a can.

LOL... that's a big difference! (canned vs. cup) But still, that's only one cup of veggies per day. Green veggies, like broccoli, spinach and green beans are very low in calories, but high in fiber and nutrients. You could eat a full cup at each meal and only be consuming a little more calories. And the potato that you're eating twice per day... is that a white potato? If it is, maybe try switching it for a sweet potato or yam, which is more nutritious and less carby. White potatoes aren't horrible, but there are better options. Are you eating the potato to get some carbs? One poster pointed out the lack of whole grains in your diet plan. You could switch out that potato for whole grain bread slices, couscous, brown rice or whole wheat pasta some of the time...

But back onto the protein... Using powder to supplement your diet is fine, but three separate times daily is a lot. It should not be a "staple" of your diet, just something you fall back on when you can't eat enough lean protein... IMO. Almonds would be a great addition to your diet because they contain a lot of healthy fats, which are essential.
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    I think your plan looks pretty good. What are your macros?? You are eating the same thing 2 times a day and you will get bored with it pretty quick, so maybe trade the chicken for fish. hmm and maybe adding some healty fats like natural peanut butter. Also this website has some really good recipes if you want to check it out...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=472029
  • Con40
    Options
    I think your plan looks pretty good. What are your macros?? You are eating the same thing 2 times a day and you will get bored with it pretty quick, so maybe trade the chicken for fish. hmm and maybe adding some healty fats like natural peanut butter. Also this website has some really good recipes if you want to check it out...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=472029

Yeah I usually just eat chicken or fish. I can never get tired of either one =D.

Okay i'll look into the recipes. Thank you for the link.

LOL... that's a big difference! (canned vs. cup) But still, that's only one cup of veggies per day. Green veggies, like broccoli, spinach and green beans are very low in calories, but high in fiber and nutrients. You could eat a full cup at each meal and only be consuming a little more calories. And the potato that you're eating twice per day... is that a white potato? If it is, maybe try switching it for a sweet potato or yam, which is more nutritious and less carby. White potatoes aren't horrible, but there are better options. Are you eating the potato to get some carbs? One poster pointed out the lack of whole grains in your diet plan. You could switch out that potato for whole grain bread slices, couscous, brown rice or whole wheat pasta some of the time...

But back onto the protein... Using powder to supplement your diet is fine, but three separate times daily is a lot. It should not be a "staple" of your diet, just something you fall back on when you can't eat enough lean protein... IMO. Almonds would be a great addition to your diet because they contain a lot of healthy fats, which are essential.

I'm thinking of switching my lunch to a chicken salad. (lettuce, spinach and broccoli),
    And then eat fish or chicken again with some whole wheat bread and a cup of broccoli for dinner.