P90X in Diary

Options
I can not find where you can log in P90X. Why not? I actually dont see alot of exercises like that. Another example, Zumba. Why not?

Replies

• goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    The exercise dairy database is disgusting. I find nothing for strength bands or for hardly any of the workouts I do. The food database is wonderful but the exercises are really lacking. Like you, I don't know how to deal with it so I've sort of given up. You can't even put it in yourself. Well, you can but you can't put in calories used even when you know.
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    First of all and most importantly, congrats on doing P90X!!!!

I get the feeling that once upon a time that the exercise list only had a few entries until folks started adding their own.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    P90x or zumba are not listed...so that's why I bought a heart rate monitor so I can know for sure how many calories I burned.
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    go onto google, type in exercise calorie calculator and search your exercise in that and then create it in your exercise database. I've had to do that for alot of different things. But it's worth it if you use it regularly
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    P90x or zumba are not listed...so that's why I bought a heart rate monitor so I can know for sure how many calories I burned.
    i agree..get a hrm, that way you can log accurately..get one with a chest strap, i have a polar ft4, and i love it..good luck
  • chelzmartinez
    chelzmartinez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think they still have the option under cardio exercises to make your own. I have a heart rate monitor to track my calories burned and I have all the P90X exercises and my zumba listed in my own diary. You should be able to create your own.... :-) I hope that helps.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I added my own zumba and I log 30ds under Circuit training, general which is close enough for me. HRM aren't very expensive and, if you search, there are quite a few threads in which people have done their own testing and entries. I'll use those too.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    easy with a Heart rate monitor, you can enter whatever you want with the exact amount of calories, because even when they would have Zumba and P90X or Insanity in the database, the range of calories really burnt is too huge. Same workout of Insanity, one week i burnt 380, the other week I burnt 490, always depends on the form of the day and energy level. For a free website, this is really awesome what we get, even in the exercise section. If that is not enough, there are other pages, where you can get the approx. information of your weight and minutes and exercise and then use it here, e.g. caloriesperhour.com
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    They don't list it because there's no generalized average number of calories burned for the majority of people. Get a heart rate monitor and plug it in yourself. I've been doing that with P90X and Insanity for over a year now. Very helpful.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You go to the top where it says my exercise, then you click on create exercise, it will let you put in the exercise, minutes, and your calories. Then it will save in your exercise profile.
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options
    i agree..get a hrm, that way you can log accurately..get one with a chest strap, i have a polar ft4, and i love it..good luck

I have the same... Its SOOOO motivational to see how many calories your body is burning!
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I don't even bother logging my workouts here anymore.