Does anyone have a recipe for...

Options
Mexican seasoned shredded chicken? Like something that can be thrown in the crockpot? I have to take shredded chicken for tacos to a party on Saturday.

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    Mexican seasoned shredded chicken? Like something that can be thrown in the crockpot? I have to take shredded chicken for tacos to a party on Saturday.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I do, I beleive I got it from the boards here but it would be a pain I'm sure to scroll through them all. If no one else finds it, I can look it up for you when I get home tonight....though you may want to send me a private message as a reminder:happy:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I am just thinking off the top of my head here....but will probably try it myself sometime.

chicken in crockpot
    add sliced green peppers and onions
    1 small can of green chilis
    1 can of salsa
    1 package of taco seasoning
    some jalapenos if you want it spicier
    some water of course
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    I am just thinking off the top of my head here....but will probably try it myself sometime.

chicken in crockpot
    add sliced green peppers and onions
    1 small can of green chilis
    1 can of salsa
    1 package of taco seasoning
    some jalapenos if you want it spicier
    some water of course

That sounds yum. I'll have to try that.
    P
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
  • Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    3 pounds boneless chicken breast, about 6-7 medium
    14 ounces green Mexican salsa
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 teaspoon pepper
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeños
    2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Combine the green salsa, onion, pepper, garlic, jalapeños and bouillon in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and stir a little to make sure that some of the sauce gets under and between all of the chicken pieces. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours. Use two forks to shred the chicken once it's tender. Stir in the cilantro just before serving.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    3 pounds boneless chicken breast, about 6-7 medium
    14 ounces green Mexican salsa
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 teaspoon pepper
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeños
    2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Combine the green salsa, onion, pepper, garlic, jalapeños and bouillon in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and stir a little to make sure that some of the sauce gets under and between all of the chicken pieces. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours. Use two forks to shred the chicken once it's tender. Stir in the cilantro just before serving.

That one sounds better than mine! Tagging it! Any idea on the nutritional breakdown?