BMI (WHERE IN THE RANGE ARE YOU?)

Options
2»

Replies

• splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    My BMI is just under the middle point right now and my goal is toward the lower end, but not dramatically on the line. It's pretty accepted by now that the BMI measurements aren't accurately representative of one's fitness, but it is fun calculating and seeing that number go down :drinker:
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    BMI is a shoddy way of calculating whether or not you're healthy.

My BMI is idungiveadamn. =D

HA HA HA!!!! AGREED! I like calculating body fat better.

lol, mine is the same. I am still considered overweight, but I don't want to be "skinny" or at the weight that it recommends me to be at.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Currently 20.9, just below the middle of the healthy range. But I'm wearing the same size clothes I wore back in high school (more than 20 years ago) when I weighed about 15 pounds less.
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Mine is 24.7. It was 41
    :) I know it's not the best thing to go on, but it says I'm normal. Everyone else say's I'm not
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    mines like 35 lol
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    BMI works better on populations than on individuals. Body fat % is really what you should be aiming for as an individual. And your right body fat % may come at an 'overweight' or 'underweight' BMI.

Agreed, BMI is flawed when it comes to individual weight.
    I'm still "overweight" according to BMI but am at a size and fitness level that I'm happy with, so my aim is to learn to stay right where I am and not balloon way up again.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Never really thought to check mine until I saw this thread...19.7 is what mine is.
  • crystalbistol
    crystalbistol Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the obese range (30.6)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    mine is in the 'oh my god you are still alive like that' range
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    28, but I really don't care about BMI since I don't consider it accurate at all.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Mine is 18.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    28, but I really don't care about BMI since I don't consider it accurate at all.

agree, they are doing bmi screening in schools here. and they sent home a letter with this girl , i think she was like 8 or 9 saying she is obese, they showed pictures of her , she looked very athletic and not at all chubby , let alone obese , i was like WTF.

if they ever sent a letter like that home with my son, i would send the right back saying that is for me and his ped to decide, and i would appreciate no screening or test on MY child with out my per mission
  • cloverjenn
    Options
    My BMI is 23.9 and my body fat is 24.5%. Both are in the healthy range, but I would like to be in the middle of that range, not on the top end!