NO to stress eating!!! NSV!!!

Options
Cookie_4
Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
I am definitely an emotional eater and have always thought that I had no control over the eating when I started the binge..... Until today!!!!

After stressing out over trying to find a new place to live and trying to get over someone who has no interest in me, I really wanted to just buy some ice cream and feel sorry for myself but I didn't!! I called a friend and thought of my MFP support knowing that I can cope with stressful things in other ways that don't lead me to increase the number on the scale.

Even though this is a small victory, it makes me so happy :-)

Replies

• jessbauer
    Options
    Awesome job! Though one small victory today... Over time, all those small victories add up to a giant victory! Changing habits is the hardest thing to overcome! Well done... :)
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    amazing NSV!!! I am struggling with this right now!!

I am really sad tonight and was considering just blowing everything and getting some ice cream :) but now I won't cause I saw your NSV! THANKS for posting!
  • jumperchick
    Options
    thats great !! i didsome stress eating today and it does not make you feel better !!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    LIKE!!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    LIKE!!
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    amazing NSV!!! I am struggling with this right now!!

I am really sad tonight and was considering just blowing everything and getting some ice cream :) but now I won't cause I saw your NSV! THANKS for posting!

Sarah, I'm glad I could help and congrats for not giving in, too!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    That's a great victory! :smile: Well done for reaching out for support instead of reaching to the ice cream.

I'm learning to do the same thing and sometimes it just means being a bit unhappy for a while. But that's okay. I feel better again soon enough and I can be proud that I'm staying on track with my eating.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    That was a GREAT victory! You're getting stronger emotionally while you're getting slimmer physicially!:flowerforyou:
  • MARI1010
    MARI1010 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was just about to do some crappy emotional eating myself. Craving some junk food to replace yet another relation gone bad. Thanks to you im also not going to anymore. Thank you!
  • Gr33nstars
    Options
    Great work! :-) that is a real victory. Stress eating is a tricky thing. Next time I feel like stress eating I'll remember you and will think of alternative ways of coping. Congratulations :-)
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    That is great! It's a huge accomplishment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!