Stopped Losing

I have been dieting for 3+ weeks and am at a stand-still....any ideas how to move along?:sad:

Replies

• bstarm
    bstarm Posts: 14
    I have been dieting for 3+ weeks and am at a stand-still....any ideas how to move along?:sad:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    You could change up your exercise routine. Try something new or add another day. I find that exercising in a different way is the only way I can climb out of the stand-stills.. Probably because I am more hesitant to change what I eat.. :tongue:

Good luck. Janie
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Give it time, consider this a permenant change. Your body is unique, it will change on it's own terms, that may mean consistant loss for some, others may grab it in spurts. It can take months to get into a groove with living a better lifestyle, let your body adjust and it will come around. 3 weeks is a blink to your body, give it 3 months and then you will know if it's working.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    please give it time. My profile doesn't show it but I was eating great for over a month with only a 3 lbs weight loss and then out of no where I dropped like a 5 lbs in 2 weeks.

So please give it tme and let your body adjust to the new eating healthy regime and NEVER GIVE UP.
  • RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    The best advice that I have taken, I got from someone on this message board. When you are at a standstill, add 20% to your workout either through intensity or time.
  • I have been dieting for 3+ weeks and am at a stand-still....any ideas how to move along?:sad:

Hi, I was moaning last week that mine had stopped too. So this week I upped my cal intake to just over the 1200 mark and I ate the majority of my cals before 3pm, having only a light diinner a sandwich and soup, and I've lost almost 3lbs this week!!!! YEY...

Anyway I think that by eating the cals during the day and not evening time has definately started the scale moving again^^.

(ps. I do not exercise, have every intention to do so soon though :devil: )
  • If you are at a stand still then it is time to step it up!! When you do cardio step up the level or incline. With weight training you need to try different exercises to stimulate your muscles. Your body adapts to an exercise routine after a few weeks so you have to find ways to change it up. I would suggest if it doesnt get any better to look at your diet as well or even look into personal training at your local gym to see optimal results!:smile:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    What exactly are you doing to loose weight?
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    please give it time. My profile doesn't show it but I was eating great for over a month with only a 3 lbs weight loss and then out of no where I dropped like a 5 lbs in 2 weeks.

So please give it tme and let your body adjust to the new eating healthy regime and NEVER GIVE UP.

Yes, I agree! Great advice! :flowerforyou:
  • Don't get discouraged. Just keep going with you diet and like others have said increase you activity. Good luck!