working out more then once a day.....????

Options
Ok so I have an odd question…... I am someone who becomes completely drenched in sweat when I workout. I would like to work out more then once a day, but showering multi times is time consuming and dries out my hair and skin. What do you all do????

Replies

• thepickygirl
    Options
    Oh my gosh - this is me too. So I don't work out twice a day. If you continue, maybe just wash your hair once each day or use Baby Shampoo. Make sure you are drinking something to replenish too.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about dry shampoo, haven't tried it myself though. I usually just do one 2 hour session to avoid washing my hair multiple times.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I was reading that when you get to the elite athlete level it may be necessary to train more than once a day in order to keep making improvements. I think for most of us here, once a day is quite sufficient.
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Maybe work out in the morning before you actually start your day and again once your done for the day. That'll help with the time consuming showers as far as dry hair and skin, try a moisturizing lotion (Eucerin for dry skin is good) and something and maybe just wash your hair once? Hope it works out for you!:happy:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh - this is me too. So I don't work out twice a day. If you continue, maybe just wash your hair once each day or use Baby Shampoo. Make sure you are drinking something to replenish too.

You can always rinse off and wash the "essential parts" in a light shower, before going to work, for example. When you finish in the evening, you can wash all over. If your hair can't stand being washed only once a day, divide up the task: You can shampoo your hair in the evening and just condition it before work in the morning. (I assume you will style it only once in the morning.)

My hair frizzes out with daily washing, so unless it's summer, I tend to wash it every second day, and will use conditioner in between if I feel I need it.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    im the same, ive tried to make my workout in the morning, to avaid washing my hair multiple times, but there will be sometimes ill do more
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a day two days a week because I can only get to that gym 2 times a week and like to make good use of the opportunities. I just shower twice. The 2nd time, I just rinse my hair really well - no shampoo. I also get really sweaty, so I have to shower, although I see many women skip the shower, but no way I'm doing that....I work too hard and get too sweaty - no way I'm going back to work without a shower!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    In the same boat but I have dreads and I don't like getting them wet much (very heavy, slow to dry), I just tie them up and Don't wash them (well, occasionally, certainly more often since I've started exercising in the summer heat). A bit gross perhaps but I can live with that :-)
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yer look if I workout before 6 am I get two showers in otherwise I just shower at night when I'm done. Or if I am going somewhere...fancy I will shower with water and not use soap ect
  • WisdomListens
    Options
    Have you tried Eucerin? I started doing some work with them last year, and I've been really impressed. I usually use the Daily Skin Balance line right after my post-workout shower and it's been a great tool in keeping my usually dry skin soft. Definitely recommend it.
  • skyelogan816
    Options
    Right now I have a lot of free time, and I'm thinking about increasing my work-out routine to 2 or 3 times a day. The problem is that I also get really sweaty and read and heated, so I really want to take a shower after getting worked up. I'm afraid more for my hair than my skin, I'm generally good with lotion. Is there anything I can do to clean up my hair that won't strip it of all it's oils and maybe use my regular shampoo maybe once a day or once every other day?
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I work out 2 - 3 times a day, but only one is "intense". Morning is a walk with el doggo. Night is usually a stroll with hubby or a very casual bike ride or something.

Also, I put my hair on top of my head in a tight bun kind of like a sameri because even ponytails make me sweat 2 or 3 times worse. Looks dorky as hell, I know, but like I gave a rat's behind when I stepped on the scale today and it said I'd lost 13 lbs.
  • deucesarewild1
    deucesarewild1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar rinse in one of the showers!

Or dry shampoo but those get expensive.